Official Review: Hush,Mama Baby! by G Anderson Glasgow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Official Review: Hush,Mama Baby! by G Anderson Glasgow

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hush,Mama Baby!" by G Anderson Glasgow.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hush, Mama Baby! by G. Anderson Glasgow is a thriller fiction with many suspenseful plots. It contains the themes of kidnap and trafficking, friendship, infidelity, and betrayal.

Rose Morton (a Nigerian citizen) is a beautiful self-styled pastor of the New Epistical Ministry of Christ, a church established by her father. She is also the kingpin of a notorious kidnapping and child trafficking organization that is presently the number one most wanted by the police. She is married to John Morton (a UK citizen), the chief inspector of police. Coincidentally, he is the head of Operation Sand Pearl (OSP) in charge of the child trafficking case. Things were going very smoothly for Rose Morton and her crew until Jon Brule came into the picture. Jon’s seven years old goddaughter was among the recently kidnapped children, and he had to do everything in his power to find her alive. Would he be able to achieve this? What happened to Rose Morton, her husband, and the rest of her crew? Read up on this book to find the answers to these questions.

The plot is riddled with twists and turns, making it impossible to predict the following action line. For instance, I was expecting all the action to end in Nigeria. I never thought the story would take a quick U-turn to the UK. Also, I never saw the introduction of the new character, Ola (Rose’s sister), and many more. The author gave well-detailed information and exposition into the characters’ lives by revealing their thought processes and actions. The author was able to show that even though Rose was strong and bold, she still had something she feared the most. I also had the opportunity to explore beautiful places like Stoke Newton, Westminster, Lagos, and Abuja in the book.

I liked that the author included a touch of romance in the novel. It is excellent to know that someone as complicated as Jon can also fall in love. My favourite character is Jon Brule. He is a true friend and a great patriot. I admire his bravery and love for his loved ones, even when he knows it might be detrimental to him. I see Jon as a man ready to lay down his life for the world to be at peace.

Although I love this book, there are some things I dislike about it. For instance, the book title does not correlate with the event that happened in the book. That can be misleading to readers. I think the author was biased in some of his statements. He portrayed the Nigerian country as a corrupt nation, which might not sit well with some people. Also, I noticed an element of racial discrimination when the author portrayed John Morton’s and Inspector Russell’s trip to Africa as “a trip to the Dark Continent.” Other than that, I enjoyed every other thing about the book.

In terms of editing, the book is not well edited. I found several grammatical and punctuation errors that affect my reading experience. Therefore, I am rating it 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to people who love suspense-filled fiction novels.

Hush,Mama Baby!
View: on Bookshelves
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Post by Eddy E »

interesting review, when I saw that the main character was Nigerian I was excited but reading further on I can agree with you on the racial discrimination and biased misconceptions about Nigerians always being associated with corruption.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing thriller full of twists but I see why you're unhappy with some discriminating elements of the novel. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

This certainly is a very good review. I think I will pass at checking the full read though. Seems as though there is discussion imitation which I wouldn’t agree with , so not enjoyable to me
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by zulfiyya »

Awesome review! I might have to check this book out. I am a sucker for a little romance, especially in a thriller.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”