Review by Shillah A -- Legacy by Chris Coppel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shillah A
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Review by Shillah A -- Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by Shillah A »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Legacy" by Chris Coppel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Craig is a Thirty-seven-year-old deputy sheriff with a happy family but a violent past. The occurances of an early Saturday morning are the beginning of the preparation for the arrival of Beyath,a 400-year-old witch born in the 17th century and is after lifeblood from her own bloodline. Craig receives a warning on the danger that her wife, Jenny, is in but is it too late for Craig to save his wife? He is forcedto time walk more than 20 years into the past with the help of Ahote, a shaman. Will craig succeed in killing Beyath and prevent her from getting into the future to capture his wife? What suprise awaits Craig in the future? All This has been intriguingly discussed by Chris Coppel in his eventful book, Legacy.
Chris Coppel explains Craig's past life and how they seriously impact his future life including the effects it has on him while he battles the old 17th century witch.

Chris Coppel's choice of words is unique making the reader actively engaged and eager to know what will happen next. He has used vivid description extensively in his book making it a beautiful piece of work. The chapter arrangement has been also professionally done and therefore leaves the reader craving to read more pages of the book. He has also alternated the chapters well explaining to the reader Craigs early life as well as the present occurances. The first chapter of the book was the best introduction into the more than nine century old event. The characters in the book have also been well co-ordinated and their position in the story clearly stated.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because there was close to no grammatical or typo errors in this book and the few that i found do not affect my rating of the book since it has been professionally edited and every aspect of it has been taken into consideration during the editing of the book. The book also has minimal use of sexual language making it suitable for younger readers.

I would recommend this book To lovers of fiction and fantasy. The events in the book are enthralling and depict emotion in the reader to the very last chapter of the book. The arrangement and Professionalism shown is enjoyable and the author has not in any way deviated from the main theme.The book also well illustrates the episodes and the reader is immersed in the events of the story bringing the world of fantasy to life.

Legacy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: A love story by Iris zenia solorio

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Your summary of this book sounds very compelling I would be interested to read it! It sounds like. It sounds like a unique and engaging read, thank you for the thorough review!
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: Lunar Cave by Joan D’ Illyr

Post by Dimi1 »

I like how you explain the character's attributes via flashbacks. Your review intrigues me to have a look at the book.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

The book certainly seems to be interesting but I've never really enjoyed reading about witches and violence. I think I shall pass on this. Thanks for the review!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Nicholus Schroeder
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

Amazing summary of the book and your review was pleasant to read, the plot of this book seems to be quite interesting, guess I should add it to the "have to read" list.

Great job on the review, very informative to the reader yet concise also.

:tiphat:
Shillah A
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Shillah A »

Marcel Cantu wrote: ↑04 Apr 2021, 08:44 Your summary of this book sounds very compelling I would be interested to read it! It sounds like. It sounds like a unique and engaging read, thank you for the thorough review!
It sure is a good book.
Thanks for your feedback
Alheotuci
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alheotuci.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Alheotuci »

Your review is well detailed and concise. This plot seems intriguing! Thanks for a thorough review.
lumenchristi
2021 Reading Goal: 2
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading: The Biblical Clock
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lumenchristi.html
Latest Review: Dreams Are To Be Lived by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by lumenchristi »

Thanks for this great review. The way you calved the summary made it compelling to read.
Mwatu
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: The Universal Call by Fatima El-Hindi

Post by Mwatu »

Glad that you see that you enjoyed Legacy as well. I read it in one go due to as you mentioned, Chris's vivid descriptions and choice of words. Thank you for a lovely review!
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Bad Ideas for Living by Jon Rubinstein

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

This book is intriguing and interesting. Thanks for an insightful review and recommendations.
PeterRabitt20
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Absence of a Present Father by Vanessa Wren

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

A 400-year-old witch coming to the future in search of her progeny; sounds vampiric, chilling, and she's dysfunctional—after all, it's her progeny. Great review, I would give it a try!
Saint Bruno
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Echoes of laughter
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: ANOTHER Nun's Story by Beth Warren
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I do hope that Craig saves his wife in the end. Thanks for the detailed summary. Good job.
Nqobile771
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Mysteries and secrets by Janice Angelique

Post by Nqobile771 »

I am rooting for Craig to rescue his wife and find the help he needs along the way. I am already in my feelings because of the review! Thank you for the review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Shillah A

Post by Shillah A »

Dimi1 wrote: ↑04 Apr 2021, 12:02 I like how you explain the character's attributes via flashbacks. Your review intrigues me to have a look at the book.
You should give it a try. It is filled with suspence and is thrilling to the end.
Shillah A

Post by Shillah A »

Nicholus Schroeder wrote: ↑06 Apr 2021, 10:23 Amazing summary of the book and your review was pleasant to read, the plot of this book seems to be quite interesting, guess I should add it to the "have to read" list.

Great job on the review, very informative to the reader yet concise also.

:tiphat:
Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”