Official Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Re: Official Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Post by Rayah Raouf »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 13:18 Sounds absolutely incredible, just like my kind of book. On the list it goes! Thanks for the recommendation and the marvelous review.
I do hope you enjoy it! :D
MsH2k wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 00:50 I like how the author ties this book to the previous book in the series, but it still can be read as a standalone. I don’t read many murder mysteries, however, so I think I’ll pass. Thank you for your thorough review!
Yes, same here. I liked how the author mentioned a few details and it didn't ruin the flow of the reading. Thank you for stopping by.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I want to read this book so badly. Your review is awesome!
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I am a fun of Agatha's spy novels so I hope this will appeal to me. Great review, thanks.
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Hmm... :eusa-think:

I'm not sure what I think about this book. It sounds interesting, but I prefer fast-paced mysteries. Either way, your review was very informative. Thank you for sharing your honest opinions.
:techie-reference:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

The mere mention of Agatha Christie got me hooked already. I wish to explore the series as soon as I can. Thanks for the amazing review and recommendation.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

TheMazeRunner wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 03:11 I want to read this book so badly. Your review is awesome!
Awww!! Thank you :D
Slater678 wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 05:56 I am a fun of Agatha's spy novels so I hope this will appeal to me. Great review, thanks.
I do think it's important to note that the idea reminded me of Agatha Christie, but it is still very different. Thank you
Josephe-Anne wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 00:04 Hmm... :eusa-think:

I'm not sure what I think about this book. It sounds interesting, but I prefer fast-paced mysteries. Either way, your review was very informative. Thank you for sharing your honest opinions.
:techie-reference:
Thank you so much. No worries, we all have our preferences :)
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Saint Bruno wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 00:23 The mere mention of Agatha Christie got me hooked already. I wish to explore the series as soon as I can. Thanks for the amazing review and recommendation.
Thank you! I do want to mention that the contents of the books arent like Agatha Christie. I haven't read her books in a few years, but I believe the contents are quite different. Behcet takes a different approach. That is good because it proves the author has a different style of writing. However, the idea that the author has one main character across multiple books. That is the connection with Agatha Christie. I would suggest reading the sample!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I really enjoyed reading your review! I love Agatha Christie and I think this book would be a great read!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. Since mystery is one of my favorite genres, this book sounds intriguing. The main character, Jack, seems mundane and realistic, too.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 21 Mar 2021, 17:13 I really enjoyed reading your review! I love Agatha Christie and I think this book would be a great read!
Aww, thank you so much!
Sou Hi wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 01:38 Thanks for your interesting review. Since mystery is one of my favorite genres, this book sounds intriguing. The main character, Jack, seems mundane and realistic, too.
Thank you. He sure is! That's why I like Jack :D
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a great suspense novel! I loved Agatha Christie's books in my youth, so would give this one a try :) Thanks for a great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I love mystery book, and you recommendation means a lot! So thank you for this engaging review, great job!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Ellylion wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 10:27 Sounds like a great suspense novel! I loved Agatha Christie's books in my youth, so would give this one a try :) Thanks for a great review!
raluca_mihaila wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 10:39 I love mystery book, and you recommendation means a lot! So thank you for this engaging review, great job!
Thank you for stopping by guys! And thank you for your kind words :)
Mvictoria
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvictoria.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Mvictoria »

I really like a more fast-paced mystery, so I think I’ll skip this one. Thank you for your honest review. I was looking at maybe reviewing this book, but I feel like I wouldn’t enjoy it.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Mvictoria wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 12:29 I really like a more fast-paced mystery, so I think I’ll skip this one. Thank you for your honest review. I was looking at maybe reviewing this book, but I feel like I wouldn’t enjoy it.
Hey, no worries! We all have our preferences :). Thank you for your comment.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”