Review by Cleigh55783 -- The Dark Web Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cleigh55783
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleigh55783.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Cleigh55783 -- The Dark Web Murders

Post by Cleigh55783 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Dark Web Murders is written by Brian O'Hare. It is a well-written narrative that follows the work of detective Inspector Jim Sheehan. Sheehan gets the word that a string of murders has just taken place and it was his team that was called to untie and complete the investigation. This intriguing book is one of the four books that centre around Inspector Sheehan.

In the prologue, we discover a young man who is described as imprisoned, attempting to escape his fellow attackers however, during his attempt he falls victim to a rather serious, fatal head trauma. Multiple years later a judge was found brutally murdered in his own home and was found with gruesome injuries, for example, he was found with a police truncheon inserted in his rectum. This narrative describes the sexual depravities of a very wealthy club that came to light rather unexpectedly. A couple of nights later it was found that a further three more gruesome murders were found to have occurred with significant similarities leading Inspector Sheehan to further his investigation and wonder if they had any connections. These violent acts of murder were described in deep horrific explanations and were later found to be exploited on the dark web. Can Inspector Sheehan and his team find the one responsible and stop them from continuing their twisted massacre?

The Dark Web Murders is a well-presented enthralling read. The author very cleverly details the search for the murders in a way that makes them quite real and intense. It makes me quite curious as to who could have committed such violent offenses. O’Hare has written a great intriguing novel that has the potential to have readers at the edge of their seats. Its main primary focus is how Inspector Sheehan and his crime team use their knowledge to help them unravel the mystery of who the murderer is. The author puts great emphasis on all the major characters and their never-ending development. As the story begins to unfold it becomes apparent that the suspect is not as clever and mischievous as he makes out to be when he leaves obvious clues as to who they may be which become significant towards the end of the novel. Throughout this plot-driven story, it becomes clear that the detectives maintain their unique characteristics and many quirks which play a part in making them quite realistic and relatable to the readers.

Throughout reading this extraordinary book I came across some interesting positive attributes and not so many negative attributes. I particularly enjoyed the scenes that were displayed as intense. These scenes intrigued my interest in the book. Also, I paid close attention to how the dark web blog was in and described it as gory and quite explicit. This in itself sent thrills right through me and began to grip me into finishing the narrative. The story at the beginning was quite slow-paced, however, it soon began to pick up further into the story. The only negative point I have found within this book is how the writer has written in LQBT+. The conversations between Sheehan and his wife were shown as quite unpleasant when they were discussing a young student who appeared to be transgender. Rather than being gentle and subtle on the subject in hand, instead, they begin to discuss how they were quite inconvenient for the school. This is very disturbing and may deem as vulnerable for those individuals too whose subject is delicate. Furthermore, the homosexual and bisexual characters were also displayed as sexual deviants. Overall the book is a good read.

The author presents a very gripping, yet heart-wrenching novel with minimal errors and typos. With this in mind, I have come to an informed decision that I commend this book a solid 4 out of 4 stars. The reasoning for this decision was it was very well presented and professionally edited throughout. The nature of the book is quite severe and may seem vulnerable for most people. Some of the themes that are visited throughout this book are sexual abuse, kidnapping, and the killing of a dog using poison to name a few. Due to this, I recommend this book to an adult-only audience. The book does entail quite a lot of of profanity throughout, some is quite explicit. I do not recommend this book for those who may seem delicate and vulnerable to such topics written about within the novel. All in all the book is a great novel and has the potential to be enjoyed as a stand-alone story. I do not doubt recommend this author to people who I think enjoy thrillers and crime mysteries.

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”