What is your favorite mystery book?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MHarris
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your favorite mystery book?

Post by MHarris »

Hello guys,

I love the Karin Slaughter Grant County and Will Trent series. She's an amazing author. I also love the J.D. Robb Eve Duncan series.
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy

Post by rida »

NovaJay2415 wrote:Hello to you readers,

I have been looking for specific genres lately, specifically on mystery. Do you have any favorite authors that write mystery or even a favorite book that's a mystery? I would love to see your recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

Aubrey Gonzalez

:D
Try "In the woods" by Tana French. I've read it a few months ago and it still fascinates me. Its a pretty long book but has suspense at every step and its quite emotional too
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy
book_first_love
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-first-love.html

Post by book_first_love »

The Speckled Band by Arthur Conan Doyle, Curtain by Agatha Christie
1966redhead

Post by 1966redhead »

The Eve Duncan series is great. I have read almost all of them. I am currently reading #2 in the trilogy Taking Eve, Hunting Eve, Silencing Eve. Iris Johansen always makes her books difficult to put down and spend many sleepless nights with Eve by my side!
saint 71094
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-71094.html

Post by saint 71094 »

i like a strong female lead like mistress of the game by tilly bagshawe and throne of glass series by sarah j maas
nicoledr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicoledr.html

Post by nicoledr »

If you are looking for a book with a lot of twists and turns I would highly recommend In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware.
Goldy_999
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goldy-999.html

Post by Goldy_999 »

Sherlock Holmes . . . when it comes to mystery, no one can beat that...
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

Columbella,by Phyllis Whitney is one of many "favorites" mysteries that are my favorite, but at the moment it is the one that rises to the top of my head. It is another one of her psycho thrillers that made it impossible for me to put the book down until it's thrilling conclusion.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
JenReads
Currently Reading:

Post by JenReads »

I don't know what is my favorite mystery book but I think Agatha Christie is a great writer to read, but one of her books I would recommend is "And Then There Were None". Also, the book was done as a movie on Lifetime.
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by smhawkins »

This is probably super lame, but I have always been such a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark. They're cheap, quick reads, and she's written a TON of mysteries. Just my two cents :)
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
MrsRay
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsray.html

Post by MrsRay »

I am in no way a "mainstream" reader. One of my favorites is the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman. I happened upon a copy of the first book, The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax, at a book sale at my father-in-laws retirement community. Emily Pollifax is a widowed grandmother who decides to pursue her dream of becoming, a SPY! She is one of the most delightful characters I have ever met in a book, and there is enough action and suspense to keep things moving without having to rely on gruesome details. I highly recommend Gilman's books.
charmer
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmer.html

Post by charmer »

I am currently occupied with the In Death series by JD Robb. I frequently find myself going back to re-read a few of them while waiting for the new release to come out.
afreddy4
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afreddy4.html

Post by afreddy4 »

Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express" is my favorite mystery book. I read it years ago but I still remember the late nights I spent reading trying to figure out who was the murderer. Agatha Christie does a wonderful job giving a few clues, but always leaving you guessing. I have read a few more of her books but this one is hands down my favorite.
mstoya901
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstoya901.html

Post by mstoya901 »

I love the Emma Wild serious I always get lost in those totally worth a read

-- 30 Dec 2016, 20:12 --

My absolute favorites though are Stephen King you can never go wrong with his books
MadLibraryScientist
Currently Reading: Sherlock, Lupin, and Me
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madlibraryscientist.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by MadLibraryScientist »

The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King. It's the first of an amazing series, but it stands on its own too. It's one of the few mysteries I've been able to reread multiple times. It's historical fiction.

If you prefer supernatural mysteries, Charlaine Harris has several good series. Dead Until Dark is good (and the start of the Sookie Stackhouse books). I also enjoyed Grave Sight. The nice thing about these books is that the supernatural elements are more in the background, with the mystery being the main focus.
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”