What is your favorite mystery book?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NovaJay2415
Favorite Author: Suzanne Collins
Favorite Book: Cinder
Currently Reading: Sylo Icecore
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novajay2415.html
fav_author_id: 2536

What is your favorite mystery book?

Post by NovaJay2415 »

Hello to you readers,

I have been looking for specific genres lately, specifically on mystery. Do you have any favorite authors that write mystery or even a favorite book that's a mystery? I would love to see your recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

Aubrey Gonzalez

:D
mahima

Post by mahima »

Hi,

I just love this on-going series by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J.D. Robb , these futuristic series are called "In death" series and revolve around a homicide investigator called Eve Dallas and in the first book "Naked in death" Eve meets her future husband Roarke, who is a murder suspect but is soon absolved of the same, so far there are 38 books published in these series and almost all of them are page turners.
Fordette89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fordette89.html

Post by Fordette89 »

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
shafer86

Post by shafer86 »

Hear no Evil See no Evil, I absolutely love this book!!!
Silverfishceylon

Post by Silverfishceylon »

I truly enjoy Sidney Sheldon type of mystery with strong female characters. Loved the girl with dragon tattoo series
kismoody
Currently Reading: Cat's Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kismoody.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by kismoody »

I truly enjoyed First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. It's a paranormal mystery about a private investigator who is also the Grim Reaper.
NovaJay2415
Favorite Author: Suzanne Collins
Favorite Book: Cinder
Currently Reading: Sylo Icecore
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novajay2415.html
fav_author_id: 2536

Post by NovaJay2415 »

All of these sound quite interesting! Thanks guys!! :)
neha+thomas+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-thomas.html

Post by neha+thomas+ »

I'm currently reading Total Control by David Baldacci, I have read a few of his books all really interesting. But my all time favourite author for mystery novels is John Grisham, really like his writing.
ElizabethG
Currently Reading: Painted Ladies
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabethg.html

Post by ElizabethG »

I love the Spencer series by Robert B. Parker. Spencer is the character that the Spencer for Hire TV show was based on. The stories are actually pretty light-weight, but the characters are great. I love Spencer's sharp wit and ability to stare down any thug that happens to come along. The story is set in Boston. He is helped by his sidekick Hawk and his girlfriend and psychologist Susan Silverman. There are probably 3 or 4 dozen of them so you won't run out any time soon.
Switchess

Post by Switchess »

The Eve Duncan series by Iris Johansen is really awesome I think. To me, each book has some thriller, mystery and excitement.
lizyorick
Currently Reading:

Post by lizyorick »

I'm so glad to finally see someone post about the J.D. Robb series. These are my absolute favorite books!! I love Nora Roberts and when I found out she was writing under the name of J.D. Robb I was thrilled. I love the concept that she had created in the "In Death" series she does as J.D. Robb. She is never boring and who doesn't want their own Roarke?
juan_mccoy

Post by juan_mccoy »

Definitely, its Sherlock holmes for me, though i didnt too many other mystery or horror books and thanks for posting this thread here helped me to know so many out there.
LisaT

Post by LisaT »

I just discovered R. J. Ellory.

My favorite is "A Quiet Vendetta." Wow - loved this! Also "A Quiet Belief in Angels." I just discovered him 6-8 months ago when I happened to pick up one of his books at my local thrift store. What a find!

I also like John Katzenbach. Last year, I read "The Wrong Man." Oh my. Really good.

Dennis LeHane is excellent. My favorite book by him is "Any Given Day." Fantastic!!!

Other than that, I love: Grisham, Michael Connelly, Ridley Pearson, Coben.
Leah_jmoser
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-jmoser.html

Post by Leah_jmoser »

If you enjoy mystery/thriller I highly recommend Ted Dekker i love his books. They are intense so if you don't enjoy stressful books then I wouldn't suggest his. He does a great job capturing you and making you feel very attached to the characters. Great author I haven't read a book I didn't like.

Some books that you might be interested in, is thr3e, house, the series black, white, and red, or there's another series the paradise series.
Matador6

Post by Matador6 »

I would have join Lisa T in the Amen corner with Michael Connelly (any Harry Bosch Story) and Harlan Coben ( any Myron Bolitar Story).. But I wouldn't turn down a gift book from David Baldacci (Camel Club Series or King & Maxwell series) or William Lashner (The Barkeep) (Hostile Witness) or C.J. Box (Force of Nature) stories of Wyoming. I have read every Lee Child and Brad Thor book and of course Elmore Leonard master of Dialogue and Father of "Justified". On the Classic Side.. Doestovesky Crime and Punishment or Brothers Karamozov. Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlett Letter. For Horror I choose Jack Ketchum None Better especially RED.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”