Review by Fliesie01 -- The Trafficking Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Review by Fliesie01 -- The Trafficking Murders

Post by Fliesie01 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Trafficking Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Young men and women are promised new lives. They have the chance to change everything, to help their families with money, to save their homes. This opportunity feels perfect, as they get to travel and see the world. It almost sounds too good to be true. They pack their belongings, and with big dreams and hope, they embark on their new journey. But everything is not as it first seemed, the wonderful adventure turns into their worst nightmare, and it seems that there is no way out.

The Trafficking Murders tackles the hard topic of human trafficking, a real problem that needs to be addressed. Chief Inspector Sheehan from the Northern Ireland Police Service stumbles upon a murder case that appears like an ordinary case at first. But as he starts digging deeper, the case gets more complicated, more people are involved, and a lot of risks need to be taken. Will Sheehan and his team have the resources and wits about them to catch this killer and bring an international organization down to the ground?

What I liked most about The Trafficking Murders is that it is a thrilling story that you do not want to put down. There are twists and turns in every chapter. Brian O'Hare writes books that have strong and evolved characters. This is not the first book that I have read that involves Chief Inspector Sheehan and his team solving mysterious and gruesome murders, and it will not be the last one. There is nothing I did not like about this book.

I rate The Trafficking Murders 4 out of 4 stars. There are a few errors that can easily be fixed. The errors did not interrupt the flow of the story or make it hard to read. The characters are so witty and entertaining that I found myself chuckling at some pages despite the book's serious theme. It is well-deserving of the full-star rating.

I would recommend this book to any reader that enjoys murder-mystery thrillers. It contains no erotic or disturbing scenes, despite the book being about human trafficking. The amount of profanity that is used in the book is not so much that it would make it uncomfortable to read. O'Hare's writing in this book is well-executed and well thought through, so much so that teenagers from the age of sixteen would also be able to read this book and not be traumatized or scared. It is written for a wide audience of readers who will not be disappointed.

The Trafficking Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I agree to the part of it not having many profane words, despite the main theme of the book. I appreciated that a lot. I loved you review! great job

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”