Review by Rie_reader -- Unexpected Enemy by Tim Cagle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rie_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rie-reader.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Review by Rie_reader -- Unexpected Enemy by Tim Cagle

Post by Rie_reader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unexpected Enemy" by Tim Cagle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unexpected Enemy is a book written by Tim Cagle. This novel is really amazing, I haven't seen or read something just like this book. It is not an ordinary novel about a pregnant woman inseminated by a wrong sperm. The novel is full of surprising twists I didn't expect.

The book started with the couple Ann Sorenson and Steven Sorenson. Ann Sorenson has been told that she can't conceive a child. So, the couple decided to undergo in vitro fertilization and becomes pregnant. But something unexpected happen. The baby was born prematurely with major complications. And what's more troublesome is the baby is black, definitely not the couple's child. David Whitney and Erica Payne came into the picture. David Whitney is the lawyer and loyal friend of Harlow Lee, while Erica Payne is the lawyer representing Ann Sorenson and Steven Sorenson. While the case goes on, a lot of secrets unveil. And what happened in the past is revealed. Secrets can't be hidden forever, especially dirty secrets. A planned revenge is all that it takes to right the wrong and for the lie to be true. Digging information and the past is the key for the justice they wanted.

Characters in this novel are awesome. Each character has his or her own purpose. And all the characters in the story played their part. My favorite character would be David Whitney. He is a strong-willed man, trustworthy and devoted friend. He stayed by Lee Harlow's side. Not only that, but he stands by the truth and only the truth. An extraordinary friend and lawyer.

There is nothing I disliked in this book. The book is very beautiful. The best thing in this book is the writing style used by the author. With his creative mind, I can imagine the vivid scenes in his book. The author is genius! I thought I already know what will happen, but then again Tim Cagle surprised me. Another secret would be revealed, and that kept me reading it.

I recommend this book to those readers who wanted to read a new kind of book. Those who love a book filled with suspense, surprising twists and crimes. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is worth reading. The book is professionally edited, and a few words of profanity are seen in the book. The author deserves thumbs up for writing this splendid book. I recommend this to the readers with an open mind and readers who enjoy reading a book with suspense, thriller, and lots of twists.

Unexpected Enemy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”