Review by Bloodflitter -- Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bloodflitter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bloodflitter.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice by AC Michael

Review by Bloodflitter -- Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

Post by Bloodflitter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nekkid Lake" by Noah Bond.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond is a mystery crime thriller. It is about a detective who is assigned to the region and the cold case she is assigned to. Several high school teens followed a tradition after the prom of going to the lake, getting drunk, and going skinny dipping. All except one disappeared and that one remembers nothing of that night. She was found wrapped in a blanket and resides in a psychiatric ward. The original investigation turned up nothing. The new detective is tenacious, follows her gut as well as the leads she finds, and manages to dig deeper. This is the story of what she uncovers including unexpected antagonists and how they handle it. There are unexpected plot twists, but everything does get wrapped up neatly by the end of the book.
This book was well written with very few editorial mistakes. It is a page-turner that will suck you in and keep you reading. The plot is wonderful, the twists are unexpected, such as who the bad guys are, whether certain types of creatures exist, why someone might be hunting for wolves in an area that they are not native to. The main character is intelligent, she even tracks down the survivor to get her story and tries to help her remember the night in question. All the characters grow as the story develops, there is a guy who seems like an idiot and a creep but changes as the story progresses for example. This author has become one of my favorite mystery crime thriller writers. I would be more than happy to read anything she writes. She never lost me in the story by jumping around which I'm always happy about as jumping around tends to annoy me.
I did not find any negative aspects about this book. I can't list even one thing I didn't like and that's coming from someone who doesn't read a whole lot of this type of book.
I give this book 4 out of 4 stars and wish I could give it a higher rating. It was that amazing. I especially liked who the antagonists turned out to be and how that was handled. I've never read a book until now that used that kind of person as the bad guy.
I would recommend this to any mystery crime thriller fan as Noah is one of the elites in this genre. Die-hard sci-fi fans won't find much to like. I do not recommend this book to anyone under the age of 12 simply because they may have a hard time following the story. Anyone who can enjoy at least the occasional crime or mystery novel will love this book.

Nekkid Lake
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84381
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1196%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Tale of lawyer heirs greed, deceit,lust include death and people disappearing until the unthinkable happened

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”