Review by cbuchanan89 -- Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cbuchanan89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbuchanan89.html
Latest Review: Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by cbuchanan89 -- Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut

Post by cbuchanan89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bad Karma" by Debi Chestnut.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut is a quick and enjoyable crime mystery. This book was short, but it was full of interesting details. I am rating this 4 out of 4 stars. I chose this rating because I was entertained and I did not want to put the book down when I first began reading it. Also, I believe that Bad Karma was professionally written, and I only found one typo error throughout the whole book. The author did a great job of presenting a mystery book.

The synopsis of Bad Karma is that it is about a young woman named Zoey, who gets a call that her uncle has died. She goes to visit the town he lives in to help put his affairs in order. After she arrives, she realizes that things do not appear to be what they seem, and she feels that her uncle was murdered. The theory that the police have given her does not seem right to her.

Zoey decides to find out what happened to her uncle on her own. This leads her to people and things that she had not expected. Things get more intense as she investigates a possible murder and seems to anger someone who wants her to quit her investigation. Her search leads her to have a stalker all while trying to solve a potential crime.

There were no parts of this book that I disliked. It truly was written well. I thought that there was a good concept of mystery and thrill to it. Just when I thought that I knew what was going on, there would be a twist or something unexpected to throw me off. The ability of the author to do this in such a short number of words is impressive to me. That ability is what I liked most about this book. I almost did not want it to end because it was that good.

I would recommend that someone who likes to read a thriller or crime mystery book should read this one. There was some minor profanity in a few chapters, but I would compare it to the same words that are allowed on some basic television networks. I would not recommend that young readers pick this book. It is more suited for adults. If you have a limited amount of time and want a good quick read, this would also be a good book.

Bad Karma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”