Review by Ladybug1516 -- Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ladybug1516
Currently Reading: Shifting Sands
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladybug1516.html
Latest Review: The Greatest Game Ever Played...Maybe by Otto L. Wheeler

Review by Ladybug1516 -- Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut

Post by Ladybug1516 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bad Karma" by Debi Chestnut.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Zoey Callaway is an information professional who is living in the cramped space above her mother’s garage. She works a job that she loves that allows her the freedom to enjoy her hobbies, which include collecting first edition books. One day, Zoey is notified by police that her uncle has been found dead in his bathtub and they believe he accidentally overdosed. At the same time, young girls in the area are disappearing and no one is able to identify the abductor. Zoey moves into her uncle’s home and finds a ton of information her uncle has left her regarding the missing girls. Zoey’s journey takes her down a mysterious and dangerous path that leaves her questioning who she can trust.

After reading Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut, I give it four out of four stars. The book was very well-written and extremely well-edited. This is a short, yet interesting, read that is filled with twists and turns on every page. Chestnut does a great job of getting the reader to trust each and every character throughout the book, which leaves the reader wondering who the abductor could be.

One of the things that I liked most about Bad Karma is the strong, female, lead character. Zoey is able to think for herself and is, honestly, the heroine of the story. However, Chestnut shows the reader that women can be tough and sensitive at the same time. One of the things I disliked most about Bad Karma was that Chestnut left the reader with no cliffhanger, leaving the reader hoping for a second book.

Bad Karma is a book about fighting for what you believe in. Zoey’s stubbornness to take matters into her own hands leads her to solving the mysteries even the police couldn’t. While it may have gotten her into some trouble, it led her to the truth about how her uncle truly died. This book had me guessing the entire time, wondering who was going to end up being the guilty person and I was shocked when it was finally revealed.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick, easy, read on a cold night in. This book got and kept my attention throughout the whole story and is definitely a good read for anyone as there is very little profanity. There are some gruesome parts of the book, however, Chestnut does not go too deep into detail.

Bad Karma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”