Official Review: The LadyKillers War

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Official Review: The LadyKillers War

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I can just imagine how any plot involving a string of murders primarily targeting women in leadership, especially those holding important political positions, could be thrilling and suspenseful! Thank you for providing us with such an engaging and informative review.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

The Ladykiller's Army has a downright insulting agenda that doesn't fly in today's world. Unfortunately, as we've seen lately, many ignorant individuals still hold the concept of women being 'lesser' near-and-dear to their hearts. I don't do spy/crime thrillers, but I hope Max and Nick break this case wide open. Thanks for the insightful review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
laseniola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laseniola.html
Latest Review: The Smartest Person in the Room by Christian Espinosa

Post by laseniola »

This book seem to have a political plot. Like we see in movies when the leader of the free world is assassinated or almost assasinated- which is not my taste. It is an interesting crime book but I will not be reading it.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I will love to read this awesome book with the suspense, twist and plot. I have read a little about private investigation and I know the length Max will go to save his wife. Nice review.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by FaithMO19 »

This book presents itself as an interesting and absorbing crime thriller. I will read it right away!
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Hmmm sounds interesting! I would love to know who feels so threatened that they would like to put women "back in their rightful place". It has definitely piqued my interest and I look forward to diving into the mystery behind it all. Thank you so much for the honest and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

What a brilliant review! You covered all the bases and have given us a good outline of the story, and it’s strengths and weaknesses. All in all, this sounds like a very worthy read. Well done!
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

The LadyKillers War by Peter Goldman, with Nicola Malatesta, PI is a thriller where the killer kills only the lady leaders. I found the topic very involving because it made me think why on earth anyone would do that. Congratulations on #BOTD.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Shirley-Tome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-tome.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Shirley-Tome »

This book seems quite interesting and promising. I look forward to reading the full book. Women holding positions of power seems to be quite a debate even in today's world. Thanks for your review.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

A book that tells the story of a group that has the goal of ensuring that women are kept in a lesser position is unique. I wonder what Max will discover in a bid to keep his wife safe.
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

Damn interesting. Women targeted by a group called ladykillers, quite an intriguing read. Great review.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

This book sounds like a great book for fans of thrillers and mysteries that feature a private investigator. It’s great that the minor errors didn’t affect the rating and that character development was pleasing. Thanks for a great review!
Arpan Ghosh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Arpan Ghosh »

The LadyKillers War is a social crime thriller story written by Peter with Goldman, Nicola Malatesta PI. This book is about Max Christian and his wife, Meridew Hadley, a newly positioned congresswoman, a crime investigator Tina. At the beginning of this story, Crime investigator Tina called Meridew Hardlys husband Max to tell that his wife Meridew Hadley who is elected as newly positioned congresswoman could be killed by a criminal whose note founded on a crime scene where a new congresswoman written in the target. The investigation begins. After that, they found that A extremist hate group, LadyKillers Liberation Army., gave great threat on the political party front, what Max and investigators tina investigate. This story reflects the current hate for women in this world. I hope that it is a good book.
Jarla Cane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jarla Cane »

I highly agree with the chapter headings as creative and witty. They excite you to read the full chapter which unfolds character's involvement. Aside from this as a story of the risks that women face when in position, it also opens your eyes to the gruesome effects of teenagers not having enough friends or families around to help them develop a positive character. Thank you for the review! :tiphat:
Pennybutterfly8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pennybutterfly8 »

I’m looking for what’s the plot to this story and who is involved? This has to get me to really want to read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”