Official Review: The Kahler Files #1--More or Less than H...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: The Kahler Files #1--More or Less than Human by Eric Safflind

Official Review: The Kahler Files #1--More or Less than H...

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Kahler Files #1--More or Less than Human" by Eric Safflind.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrian Kahler is a brilliant psychologist with extrasensory abilities and amazing computer skills. He has become a detective, opening his own business. Kahler has two employees: Stanley Egor is a former wrestler, Navy SEAL, and engineer; Barry Sandler is a little more ordinary, but he possesses empathic abilities that are not thoroughly developed at this time.

Kahler ordered Barry to follow Simon Tate, gather information on him, and identify his friends. Simon was a member of a covert organization of paranormal individuals called the Collective. When the immoral members were together, they could use their combined mental abilities and influence the thoughts and actions of others. Kahler accidentally stumbled upon information about the Collective while working on another case and became committed to terminating them.

Barry was observing Simon and Sarah Ravencroft on a date at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. It was intermission, and a crowd had gathered outside when an enormous, hairy creature suddenly appeared and quickly sliced off Simon’s head, escaping as rapidly as it came. Although terrified, Sarah seemed eager to flee the scene of the crime before the police arrived. Having had no luck with identifying any other member of Simon’s group, Barry followed her with the hope that she might know something that could be helpful.

What or who is this creature, and why did it slay Simon? Does it have an association with the Collective, or was this a random killing? Will Sarah be capable or willing to help Kahler’s team discover the other members of the Collective?

The Kahler Files #1: More or Less than Human by Eric Safflind is a 254-page, action-packed, and mesmerizing book. It captures the reader’s attention on the first page (when Simon’s murder occurs) and continues to enthrall until the story’s ending. Listed in the C/T/M/H genre, the novel could also have been placed in the science fiction/fantasy genre. An element of romance is also present. The author possesses a vivid imagination, and his prose is clear and easy to understand with believable dialogue. The superb descriptions will help readers easily envision the characters and scenes. I appreciate the development of the characters as they are completely believable and evolve in the story in a realistic way.

Although there was much to love about this thrilling novel, my favorite aspect was the skillfully written, heart-pounding suspense. There were several twists and turns that kept it unpredictable. I was on the edge of my seat several times during the story and had difficulty setting the book down.

Only a few minor errors were detected in the story. Therefore, I feel it is professionally edited.

As there was nothing about this book that I didn’t enjoy, I happily award The Kahler Files #1: More or Less than Human 4 out of 4 stars. It is enthusiastically recommended to readers who enjoy mysteries, crime dramas, thrillers, fantasies, and romance novels. Rather explicit sex scenes are encountered in the book. Several profanities and instances of violence are also seen. Subsequently, it is not recommended for children or sensitive people.

Because this is the first book in the series, a few of the questions are left unanswered. However, the crucial ones have been resolved, and it can be read as a standalone story. I eagerly look forward to the sequel of this fascinating novel.

The Kahler Files #1--More or Less than Human
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Everydayadventure15
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 72
Favorite Book: The First to Forgive
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everydayadventure15.html
Latest Review: The King's Trial by M L Farb

Post by Everydayadventure15 »

Not a huge fan of sex scenes but the last book I reviewed for OBC was pretty explicit too and I survived lol. This books sounds very exciting and I like the blend of C/T with science fiction! Might have to check out the series. Thanks for the excellent review!

Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II

Post by Ayindelaw »

This book sounds like a collection of weird stuff. Even better, It is perfectly under my radar. Now I'm wondering where the strange creature came from because of your suspenseful review, Prisallen
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times

Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Everydayadventure15 wrote: ↑
22 Nov 2020, 13:13
Not a huge fan of sex scenes but the last book I reviewed for OBC was pretty explicit too and I survived lol. This books sounds very exciting and I like the blend of C/T with science fiction! Might have to check out the series. Thanks for the excellent review!
The sex scenes aren't a huge part of the plot like they are in some books. I think you would probably still enjoy the story. Thanks for stopping by!

Sou Hi
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Currently Reading: Guarding Doors
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Governance for a New Era by Robert Stephen Higgins

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your detailed review. This book looks quite interesting with the fantasy and C/T/M/H elements, though I can't say I would enjoy the erotic scenes.

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: Where Do I Go from Here?
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Soulful Words by Cheryl Ingram

Post by SamaylaM »

Oh, wow! This book sounds so thrilling and interesting! I loved how you described the book elaborately but did not give out any spoilers. Brilliant review!

Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Ayindelaw wrote: ↑
22 Nov 2020, 15:20
This book sounds like a collection of weird stuff. Even better, It is perfectly under my radar. Now I'm wondering where the strange creature came from because of your suspenseful review, Prisallen
It fits into multiple genres, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. I hope you get a chance to read it. Thanks for the comments!

Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Sou Hi wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2020, 20:28
Thanks for your detailed review. This book looks quite interesting with the fantasy and C/T/M/H elements, though I can't say I would enjoy the erotic scenes.
I understand what you mean; however, there weren't many and it wasn't a huge part of the book. Thanks for reading my review and commenting!

Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

SamaylaM wrote: ↑
24 Nov 2020, 02:13
Oh, wow! This book sounds so thrilling and interesting! I loved how you described the book elaborately but did not give out any spoilers. Brilliant review!
Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope you get a chance to read the book!

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Ash Ock
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing paranormal thriller with twists that keep the readers' attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

anua24060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anua24060.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by anua24060 »

Wow, this book sounds so interesting with psychological and paranormal aspects. Great job with the review!

Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: The Last Minder by Fish Phillips

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks for a detailed review. The book seems to an interesting read that I will enjoy. Kudos!

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This sounds like one complicated science fiction book. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Nice review.
Live and let live, baby.

Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Tortured in Ashram by Prem Nambiar
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Action-packed and a 4-star rating is enough to convince me that the book is worth my time. Thanks for the great review and recommendation.

Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

NetMassimo wrote: ↑
24 Nov 2020, 11:06
This seems an intriguing paranormal thriller with twists that keep the readers' attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
It was a wonderful thriller with very few errors, which made me enjoy it even more. Thanks for taking the time to read my review and comment!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”