Official Review: Civil War Two by James Stewart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: Moving In-house by Kasper Sierslev

Official Review: Civil War Two by James Stewart

Post by TCG »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Civil War Two" by James Stewart.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Civil War Two: America's Attempt At Suicide by James Stewart is a fictional story of American society's political crisis. This novel is a collection of reviews and opinions of different individuals in America. Violence and chaos are besieging the peace and safety of America. Most Americans believe that America's tension is because of President Donald Trump and the Republicans' policies. However, this book presents several opinions of people from various sectors of society.

The story started as the author recounted a gunman, Stephen Paddock, who killed 58 people and injured others. The FBI began to investigate the identity of the perpetrator and his intention for causing such havoc. The tale included an interviewer, Bob, and other concerned individuals in America. Bob interviewed several people like students, a prisoner, a gang member, FBI agents, and residents who were victims of the social tension between the Republicans and Democrats. They gave their idea about Healthcare Advantage, Firearms Production Ban, and other issues affecting America. From this book, readers will get more information about America. Its political condition is leading to a civil war and hatred amongst its citizens.

From my perspective, partisan politics is the reason America is gradually tilting towards economic collapse. If the Republicans and the Democrats agree on its policies and procedures, America will be salvaged from its looming destruction.

The author wrote this book in a dramatic style. The interviewer and the interviewees constituted the cast of characters in this narrative. I liked this aspect of the book because it provided me with a balanced perspective of America's events. My favorite interviewee was Janice, who believes that "the violence across the country is unreal." Janice provided a balanced view of these events. What I liked most about this tale was the discussion between the interviewer and an interviewee about America's immigration policies. It helped me understand Congress's intention concerning the southern border wall, which has raised so much controversy.

I liked that this book was written in a conversational style, as it enabled me to get a peek of each interviewees' mindset. Furthermore, I admired the way the writer wrote his paragraphs. They were brief and readable.

The only thing I disliked most about this novel was that it has many typographical errors. I came across some instances where I counted up to three typographical errors in a sentence. Therefore, this book needed further editorial work, as I didn't consider it edited professionally. Also, I questioned why there were more Democratic interviewees than Republican interviewees. Most of the interviewees were Donald Trump haters. For instance, in the words of a Republican senator, he stated, "Most of the negative coverage on the border wall is because so many people hate the president." I noticed some elements of prejudice in the authors' style of writing.

Overall, I rate this book three out of four stars. I decided to deduct a star from the rating because of the hints of prejudices and the typographical errors I found in the book. The tale was still enlightening; therefore, I couldn't remove another star from the rating. This book contains many instances of profane speech. Due to its content of vulgarity, children should not read this novel. I recommend this book to those who are interested in the American political spectrum.

Civil War Two
View: on Bookshelves

Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I like that this book covers different people's opinions about the book. The information here will never be one-sided.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Black Oak
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Shadow Pantheon by Eric Nierstedt

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out, this seems and interesting book to get an idea of the situation in the USA through fiction. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Journey Out of Self and Into Christ by Richard Rardin

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Great review. It seems to be an interesting read.

Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

the typos may be discouraging especially if it interferes with the overall enjoyment of the novel. but thank you for a detailed review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”