Official Review: Class Of Two by Tim Cagle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chipochashe
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipochashe.html
Latest Review: Class Of Two by Tim Cagle

Official Review: Class Of Two by Tim Cagle

Post by Chipochashe »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Class Of Two" by Tim Cagle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What does a lawyer do when his case is falling apart? Aubrey Charles Evans’, better known as Ace, whole career is dependent on winning the case of a teenage boy whose doctor implanted a faulty pacemaker that resulted in the boy suffering from brain damage. However, from the beginning, his case is riddled with problems. His expert witness suddenly backs out. Malpractice is not Ace’s speciality, so he asks his friend Jake to help. Things become even more hectic at this point. Another witness dies while the other is falsely accused of a crime. To top it all off, there’s an almost fatal attempt on Jake’s life and Ace’s own life is in danger. Could there be something more to this case than meets the eye?

The two former football teammates need the toughness that they had in the field at this point more than ever. With nothing more left to lose, except their lives, how far are they willing to go in pursuit of justice? Class of Two, written by Tim Cagle, is a legal thriller. The story is written in the third person. Although the primary characters are Ace and Jake, the point of view of other characters is also taken from time to time.

I enjoyed the steady pace of the book. The author also dealt with racial matters. I liked his balanced view of this topic; that regardless of race, every person has the potential to be either good or bad. The character of a person has nothing to do with their race. Equality has nothing to do with us being the same but rather with us having equal opportunity to be our unique selves. Perhaps the best expression of these sentiments would be Jake’s answer to whether he would hate it if a black man stole his girlfriend. Jake answers, “I would think you were an asshole no matter what color you were. How’s that for equality?”

There wasn’t anything that I particularly disliked about this book. It has a few errors, most of which have to do with quotation marks. These did not detract my reading. I would also like to warn readers of some racial slurs used in the book as it deals with racial issues. There a few erotic scenes but they are not detailed; much is left to the reader’s imagination. The book does not deal with any religious issues directly, so it is suitable for people of any religious belief.

Since the errors do not exceed 10, and the story is excellently crafted; I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to readers who enjoy legal thrillers. The overarching theme in this book is that people can achieve greatness when they work together regardless of their race and background. Everyone needs to appreciate that people are simply defined by their character and not their race.

Class Of Two
View: on Bookshelves
:D Only God gives the strength to smile in the face of death.

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: The King of May
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by SamaylaM »

I enjoy legal thrillers that can keep me on the edge of my seat and this seems like one! The notion of equality also seems highlighted in this book. Thank you for writing an insightful review! :)

Amara911
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Amara911 »

My first time seeing a review on legal thriller. This seems like a very interesting one, I wonder what Ace and his friend had to go through concerning this case. I want to know why their life was in danger concerning this case
I really love this review and I would love to add this to my bookshelf, it's a must read for me
Thank you for this review

Dayodiola
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dayodiola »

Legal thriller, John Grisham will be amused.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Transcendental
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Thuroks by E. B. Eskca

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing legal / medical thriller that also deals with social themes that are very important. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Latest Review: Thuroks by E. B. Eskca

Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Joan642 »

What an intresting legal thriller, its so full of mystries and i can't wait to find out how Ace eventually solves this case, that is if he does.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”