Review by cassielynnegirl -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cassielynnegirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassielynnegirl.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by cassielynnegirl -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by cassielynnegirl »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Final Notice by Van Fleisher is about a new, innovative type of health fitness watch that monitors a person’s blood chemistry. The difference between this watch and all others on the market is that it can predict when they will die. The purpose of this type of prediction is to allow a person time to get things taken care of before their death. The watch has different parameters to choose from, such as 10, 20, or 30 days until their “final notice”.

The book introduces the man, Vijay Patel, who invented this advanced watch as well as the people who were chosen to try it. They range from ages 50 to 90 and all had very dissimilar reactions to one another upon getting their “final notice”. Their lives intertwine with others who are introduced in the book as well. Such as Vijay Patel, Vince and Trudi, and an FBI agent.

Vince and Trudi are recently retired and have lived a good life. He has never owned a gun but with his increasing age and his recent run-in with a bully in a parking lot, he has decided to investigate the idea. At first, Trudi is not on board, but certain circumstances change her mind.

I like the fact that the book has a police officer explain all about guns and gun safety. Such as the training you should have as well as thinking about the safety of others when shooting at someone or something. I also liked that the author discussed the issue of immigration.

The part of the book I disliked the most was trying to keep track of all the characters and their stories. It was a little overwhelming to keep them all straight.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in science fiction thrillers. Likewise, those interested in reading fictional books about modern technology or guns and gun-related crimes.

I rated this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The book has a good plot with random surprises, great characters, as well as some dark and dry humor to it. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. It was a suspenseful page-turner that I was unable to put down. It has an accurate likeness to today’s American society that many can relate to. It is well-written and most likely professionally edited as I did not find any errors with it. For this reason, I did not rate it 3 stars.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”