Official Review: Sea of Red by Gary A Osborn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Hogs in the Sand by Buck Wyndham

Official Review: Sea of Red by Gary A Osborn

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sea of Red" by Gary A Osborn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." This is a quote by Ernest Hemingway, and it forms the foundation for my review of Sea of Red by Gary A. Osborn.

After an attempted robbery at a client's house, John Dwyer can't seem to remember what happened afterward. With his newly gained physique and repeated blackouts, he can't help but wonder what's going wrong. After being present at the Anderson house when an explosion occurs, he discovers a secret organization where a different world exists. Alexander Wolf, a Führer, heads the organization. Is there war looming?

Sea of Red is a beautifully written work of fiction. The plot is unique, with unexpected twists and turns. The author made sure to infuse the element of surprise in this book, which made the narrative quite engaging and suspenseful. Connecting to John Dwyer's character at the beginning of the book made it easier to picture and grasp the author's intention. The thrills, mystery, and suspense of this book are what make it an exciting read.

What I liked most about this book was its mind-boggling content. The unexpected plot twists had me affixed to the story with an eagerness to finish it quickly. Every chapter was engaging. This book was what readers would call a page-turner.

The author's ability to paint a mental picture in the mind of the reader is commendable. It's so easy to imagine the story through his descriptions. It felt like I was watching a movie in my head. Specifically, the mental image of the last three chapters was the most thrilling.

On the flip side of the author's descriptive writing style, the description of sexual intercourse was somewhat explicit. The author narrated this scene to the minutest detail. Though this wasn't an issue for me, I felt the need to point it out in this review. I believe there are readers who would find the detailed description of sex scenes a bit disturbing. However, if you're okay with this, feel free to read this book. Frankly, the description of sexual activities didn't take the book off-track.

Again, the author's ability to combine many characters, yet executing their roles effectively, was remarkable. It made me read and understand quickly. I've read tons of novels where a large ensemble of characters became the bane of the story. The author did his due diligence to ensure that all characters came alive. This was very commendable.

With only a few errors, the book seemed professionally edited. Considering that there was nothing I disliked about this book, I rate it a four out of four. If you love a thrilling tale of mystery filled with suspense, this book is for you.

Sea of Red
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Joan642 »

Thanks for the very insightful review, at least from it I could tell that this book would be an interesting read for me.

Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Secondary Break by marvin williams sr

Post by Christieee »

Indeed, war can never be justified. That is quite the moving opening statement that you have there! The author has done a marvelous job here because I can feel your enthusiasm for the book through your words.

Kudos on your review.

shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by shreyagupta »

I must point out that the author has chosen a very sharp-witted title. The concept for the book is not unheard of but I look forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Transcendental
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Shadow Pantheon by Eric Nierstedt

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems really a thriller that keeps the readers' attention until the end with action and twists. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

This book seems to be very well written. Thanks for your informative review.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: The Memoir Man by Frances Webb

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This book sounds very promising and full of energy. Great characterization, suspense, and verisimilitude indicate that a book is worth reading.
Beautiful review.
Live and let live, baby!

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Ada Ling »

"The plot is unique, with unexpected twists and turns. " - This will be a great read! Thank you for the review!

Callme joan
Currently Reading: HO Tactics
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Callme joan »

The fact that the reviewer has pointed out that the book is a page-turner, I can confidently say I'll read it next. I'm looking forward for the element of surprise, thrill,suspense and to literally feel like I'm watching it in my mind as i read. It definitely seems like a good read.

Marilyn rupard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Marilyn rupard »

I have always been intrigued by a good
Mystery and books that put you at the end of your seat. Or chair. The human beast is a strange thing very unpredictable. We as humans have it in us to kill others. It sounds like a very interesting read.

Pluma
Favorite Book: Wonks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluma.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pluma »

This sounds like an exciting book. I always like a story with plenty of plot twists, as long as they are believable and not too far-fetched. The use of imagery also sounds excellent. Due to the graphic scenes, however, I think I'll give this book a miss. Thanks for the great review!

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: The King of May
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by SamaylaM »

Sea of Red seems like an engaging book, especially with it being dubbed as a "page-turner", I might give it a read. Thank you for the great review! :)

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”