Review by cbuchanan89 -- An Imperfect Crime

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cbuchanan89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbuchanan89.html
Latest Review: Bad Karma by Debi Chestnut
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by cbuchanan89 -- An Imperfect Crime

Post by cbuchanan89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "An Imperfect Crime" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An Imperfect Crime was a great book. It was written by Fred G. Baker. My rating for this book would be 4 out of 4 stars. I gave the book this rating because it was entertaining and suspenseful. The story was not too slow, and it was perfectly paced so that while reading it, I did not get bored or anxious about what was to come next. I also liked the plot and the fact that the book was not too long.

The plot was about three friends and two of them are authors. They have written books and they want their books to be published. One of the three friends came up with a drastic plan to get notoriety for his book. In the end, the mastermind of the plan is executed in prison because a big part of his plan fell through. His priest, who was visiting him while he was incarcerated, teams up with a detective to figure out what went wrong. During their investigation, they uncover more than they were looking for.

The characters in this book were likable and seemed realistic. It can be hard to read books with a lot of new character introductions because they can clash. That did not happen with this book. This book also had some surprising twists. There were different crimes and mysteries in this book other than the main story line. Each different event was well integrated into the plot.

It was exciting to see the twists and turns coming while reading this. Some parts of the book were predictable, but it went well with the direction of the overall plot. For example, some parts could be figured out before getting to the big reveal. The suspense and mystery parts of the book were what I liked best about it. This author knows how to keep people interested in the story. There were no parts of this book that I did not like.

I would recommend that adults read this book because a lot of foul language was used. It was not any worse than what can be heard on premium cable channels, but it could be uncomfortable for some groups of people and not appropriate for young teens or children. Anyone who likes reading books with a lot of action would like this book. It was a particularly good detective story. I am looking forward to reading more books from this author.

An Imperfect Crime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”