Official Review: Arms Deals by Caleb Stewart Rossiter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: Arms Deals by Caleb Stewart Rossiter

Official Review: Arms Deals by Caleb Stewart Rossiter

Post by Adanna Inya »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Arms Deals" by Caleb Stewart Rossiter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A total of 103 shells at the scene, 10 bullets in her vest, six marked her helmet, and four bullets pierced her arms and legs. Agent Mar’Shae "Black" McGurk of the FBI is a person of interest. But why?

It all begins with the arms deal between Niger and America. President Mahamadou Issoufou of the Republic of Niger and his right-hand man, General Walid N'Douro, want to buy an American warplane. General Walid N'Douro heads this project and recruits General Cal Jones, an American defense consultant. Cal Jones contacts Boeing and Mobe-Corp's Charlene Wong for the huge deal. The plan is seamless until a FedEx file turns up and changes the dynamics of the game. Agent Black is called in to investigate the case.

Enter Black's nephew, a teenager named Du’Shaunn Ruff. He gets murdered in Washington DC for reasons unknown, and his jacket is stolen. This is Black's favorite cousin, and she must find the murderer(s). She joins forces with the police to investigate the case. Things are uncovered and the matter snowballs from there. Agent Mar’Shae "Black" McGurk is in the middle of two powerful cases, and many parties are rattled. Will she live long enough to crack both cases? Are both cases connected? Who put a hit on her? Will the arms deal be successful? So many questions, but you'll get your answers by reading Arms Deals by Caleb Stewart Rossiter.

This Mar’Shae McGurk thriller is a short and interesting page-turner that had me locked in from the very beginning. Comprising of three sections and 12 chapters, this novel takes us from Niger to America, Rome, and some cities in between. I love this book so much because it addresses real matters plaguing the governments around the world. Using Niger as a yardstick, the author highlights the wide gulf between the impoverished and the elite class. It shows us that while the elite class has air conditioning units blasting within every square foot of their houses, the poor can't even enjoy the privilege of natural ventilation because the air is polluted.

In this book, the author takes us into the inner workings of the government. We see how budgets are padded and the money channeled elsewhere. We see how contracts are given out in exchange for favors. Corruption is the order of the day, and it has eaten so deep into the layers of every governmental fabric. We also realize that many high profile cases are tough because some government officials are not clean. So they throw a spanner in the works, and it takes only the brave to stand up to them. However, when they are the ones who fund your organization, compromise becomes an option. This book may just be the read of the year for me.

The author did his homework and was effortlessly able to blend real and fictional characters. He also used unique locations, which I found interesting and creative. His writing style is simple and easy to comprehend. I loved that he allowed the characters to speak for themselves, hence, adopting the first-person narrative. The characters were developed just enough to give the readers a background without boring them. I found only two minor non-grammatical errors. The book was professionally edited and I disliked nothing about it. So I rate Arms Deals by Caleb Stewart Rossiter 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommended this novel to lovers of crime thrillers and politics. Persons who are apolitical may not be interested in this book.

Arms Deals
View: on Bookshelves

Dayodiola
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dayodiola »

Tug if political war, this novel is necessary.

asia88
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by asia88 »

just reading the little bit that I did sounds like a page turner

Tablito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Tablito »

Many high profile cases are a hard nut to crack as some of the government officials are involved.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading: I Am Serena
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: A European Odyssey by Bailey Alexander

Post by Saint Bruno »

Wow! This book seems to highlight some of the shady deals in governments of the world, especially Africa. God help us! Thanks Adanna for this wonderful review and recommendation.

Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Culy Calhoun by E. Townsend

Post by Faithy_Star »

This book is indeed informative. And the pattern the writer chose to reveal the information present in the book is commendable.

kathy2705
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathy2705.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by kathy2705 »

I'm always interested in political stuff and this is a must read for me because it seems packed with drama. Great review.

Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:

Post by Adanna Inya »

kathy2705 wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 09:09
I'm always interested in political stuff and this is a must read for me because it seems packed with drama. Great review.
Faithy_Star wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 00:46
This book is indeed informative. And the pattern the writer chose to reveal the information present in the book is commendable.
Saint Bruno wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 16:07
Wow! This book seems to highlight some of the shady deals in governments of the world, especially Africa. God help us! Thanks Adanna for this wonderful review and recommendation.
Tablito wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 15:40
Many high profile cases are a hard nut to crack as some of the government officials are involved.
asia88 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 10:27
just reading the little bit that I did sounds like a page turner
Dayodiola wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 09:20
Tug if political war, this novel is necessary.
Y'all gotta read this book. It was spell binding. Thanks for commenting.

honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: The ultimate love by Sherine Anniruth

Post by honesty_pays »

What a fantastic book that gives readers a feel of war, politics and murder. Definitely in my genre. Nice review

Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Wow, already am salivating for this, politics and war mixed together, sounds great. I would like to read this, otherwise great review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence

Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Rashida10 »

I can feel the energy within this setting. This story has quite a lot of features, and the chaos is intertwined with courage and national pride. Thanks for sharing.

Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:

Post by Adanna Inya »

honesty_pays wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 12:42
What a fantastic book that gives readers a feel of war, politics and murder. Definitely in my genre. Nice review
Rashida10 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 11:04
I can feel the energy within this setting. This story has quite a lot of features, and the chaos is intertwined with courage and national pride. Thanks for sharing.
Phelicia Gloria wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 18:01
Wow, already am salivating for this, politics and war mixed together, sounds great. I would like to read this, otherwise great review.
Thanks for commenting guys. This is a thoroughly interesting read.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: The Memoir Man by Frances Webb

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This must have been action all through.
Nice review.
Live and let live, baby!

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very engaging read with a solid political background. I would definitely read this one! Thank you for a great review! :)

Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:

Post by Adanna Inya »

Ellylion wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 07:31
Sounds like a very engaging read with a solid political background. I would definitely read this one! Thank you for a great review! :)
AnnOgochukwu wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 07:49
This must have been action all through.
Nice review.
All action and politics. This is indeed an engaging read that you'll enjoy.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”