Review by Tiara1997 -- Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tiara1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiara1997.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Review by Tiara1997 -- Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Tiara1997 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lingering Poets" by Logan Lamech.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech is about Samuel, a lost and lonely postal worker divorcee headed towards a full downward spiral. He loses his drive for living, feeling as if his ex wife ruined his progression build up. This ends up bringing him nothing but misery in his current life. At this point his only real fortune is his imagination. One day he has a daydream reflecting a "shipment of money". The dream plays out in reality and he begins investigating the whole thing until he realizes he needs help to accomplish it, leading him to Post Edition. Post Edition being a neighborhood filled with hoodlums very passionate and exactly what Sam is looking for too steer him in the right direction.

The idea that he fell upon is of a drug dealer who sent twenty million dollars to his wife, Monique. To help with the investigation he gets ahold of his childhood friend, David. He introduces himself to Monique and ends up really liking her and finding her very beautiful. He seems to have found a bliss joy after he feels she has no connection with the Mafia.

I love how the sole focus is very introspective, reflecting mostly on a lot of Samuel's inner thoughts. The author did a great job of capturing his mood in each chapter,the dialogue and wording just make sense. The plot itself was beautifully woven together although it's a very slow process at times. However, this makes you appreciate the writing even more when it finally comes to an ending.

My most favorite part of the book is the poetic style itself. The style matches the plot so perfectly and the wordplay is an important role in helping it do so. The wordplay will leave you feeling close to the characters and even more so touched. What I disliked the most was the not so great connection at times between Sam and Monique. Their conversations sort of felt forced, and simply off at times. The transitions between the two were either really great or really dull.

I would recommend this read to anyone interested in poetry or philosophy or even both. Therefore, I rate this story 4 out of 4 stars. As far as profanity goes, there were a fair share but nothing that I would consider too absurd. With that being said, I would not consider this a book for children because there is still a decent amount of mature detailing in this read.

Lingering Poets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”