Review by Christiana+- -- Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christiana+-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Christiana+- -- Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Christiana+- »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mixed Blessings" by J.M. Muse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mixed Blessings: Is race real? by J.M. Muse is a fictional novel that talks about people of different beliefs. The author starts up this novel when the government officials were trying to figure out which race Kimberly belongs to. At first, I was wondering what the officials are trying to figure out by questioning Kimberly about her race. But I get to know later as I read on that there are traces of discrimination between those that believe in black races and white races. This Novel points to the fact that when fighting for a cause, leaders should know the benefits and dangers of it.

This novel entails how minister Kublai Khan, the leader of the House of Jeremiah who believes in the black race and Pastor Dalton who believes in the white race, fought for the success of what they believe in. This novel has been written in such a way that readers will find it easy to understand. Also, the author explains the causes of the disagreement between minister Kublai Khan and Pastor Dalton, which makes this novel easier for the readers to comprehend.

In this amazing novel, there are lots of lessons a reader will gain. The author has skillfully tackled one of the key challenges we are facing in this generation, which is discrimination. Discrimination as being reflected starting from each family, community, and in our countries today. In this novel, I learn that though it’s a glorious thing to fight for the interest of our people, what is much more important is to be sure of their safety because only the living can enjoy the success of every cause.

One of the things I enjoy and gain from in this novel is the part of how Ahmed Reynolds, who is from the black race and Kimberly from the white race builds a very strong relationship even though Ahmed’s mother, Nana Rey did not want to support it. Their relationship shows us we can live together in peace if we can love and respect each other for whom we are.

There is nothing I dislike about this novel, it has been written to keep the readers engaged until the end. This novel contains a few erotic scenes, so it’s not suitable for a young reader. Also, the novel has been professionally edited. I rate Mixed Blessing: Is Race Real? 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this novel to every leader in this generation and to every lover of a magnificent novel.

Mixed Blessings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Adeniyi+samson-
Favorite Book: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeniyi-samson.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Adeniyi+samson- »

Wao, I love the perspective by which you based your own review. It really sounds cool.

sam-4jesus+
2019 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-4jesus.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by sam-4jesus+ »

You have really done a great job. The is for this great insight.

Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Budhal »

Glad to read your perspective about this novel. Great review!
What isn't said is as important as what is said.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”