Review by DianaSims -- The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DianaSims
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianasims.html
Latest Review: The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life by Dr Allen Lycka, Harriet Tinka

Review by DianaSims -- The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by DianaSims »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine this, you have a group of wealthy people with unusual sexual preferences. A group made up of teachers, doctors and judges, just to name a few. Throw in there an assistant, a promiscuous murderer and a group of hilarious detectives. Oh, let's not forget the gruesome crime scenes. And there you have The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare.

First of all, wow. That needed to be said. I am absolutely mad at Mr.O'Hare. He had me feeling like a super detective up until the big reveal. I was so sure that I had it all figured out but I was wrong, just imagine my shock. But I guess that goes to show the talent of the author. Alright with that being said, the book was amazing.

I love the character introduction at the beginning of the book. I have an issue with remembering names, so with the character introduction page I could just go and refer to it every time I forgot a character. That was really helpful.

This book honestly had me hooked from the prologue. I could feel the emotion that young boy was feeling and I can honestly say I felt like I was right there with him and that is something that is very important to me. When I read a book, I want to be part of the story, not just an outside observer. As much as the book is fictional it was so realistic in the sense that I thought those were the things I could see happening in real life prisons. So it was not too difficult to get sucked into the story, it was realistic. The characters also, are what you would expect from real people. So again this was not difficult to imagine.

My favourite part, if you can call it that, of the book is the team of detectives. You don’t expect to find humour at a murder crime scene, but with the good natured banter between Sheehan and the doctor, it’s hard not to. It’s easy to tell that these detectives have seen all sorts of bad stuff in their jobs and they have found coping mechanisms to help them deal with them. Humour happens to one of the coping mechanisms. The bond between the whole team is a beautiful thing, both between the team as a whole and between each pair. I think that’s what I loved most about The Dark Web Murders.

Oh, how could I forget the different writing styles in one book? It was like reading two books at the same time. When the murderer wrote about his murders, he wrote in such a way that I easily overlooked the explicit nature of the content and just enjoyed the combination of words. I found myself looking forward to each blog.

I could tell that the book is part of a series but that did not take away my ability to read it as a stand alone. That's another thing that I love, because it would have been difficult to read the book without having read the first two books in the series. Instead, the knowledge that there are more books in the series had me eager to fish this one so I could hunt down the other two and read them.

If you are a sensitive person towards violence and profanity then I suggest that you do not read this book. It is not overly explicit, but it is explicit. If you have a love for crime thrillers, this is the book for you. It is a must read. I don’t know why I have never heard of Mr. O’Hare before, but I’m glad that I have now. He has gained a huge fan in me, just from reading this book. It also helps that the book is well edited.

With all that being said, I am giving the book a 4 out of 4 rating. Like I said, it’s a must read. I am giving it a month or two, then I am reading it again.

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”