Review by Faithmwangi -- Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Faithmwangi -- Devil in False Colors

Post by Faithmwangi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After the brutal murders of young Jewish children, the United States government became more alert on the rising cases of terror attacks. ISIS had yet again admitted its involvement. Lara Edmond and Uri Levin were called in to assist as they were experts in these kinds of cases. They have to try to find the culprits while at the same time fighting the chemistry between them. Devil in False Colors, by Jack Winnick, is an intriguing tale of terror attacks and two undercover agents determined to stop it all.

I enjoyed delving into this read. The author's writing was clear and pretty simple. It was refreshing to see the read was not filled with military jargon that would make it difficult to understand. It was also clear that the fictional account had an element of reality to it. For example, using government agencies such as the FBI and CIA.

The author ensured there was a diversity in settings with multiple locations such as Iran, Israel, and the United States. What I admired most was the joint collaboration between the various security agencies. They worked together to ensure they catch the people responsible for the deaths. This included sharing Intel with one another without one party feeling superior to the other.

This book got me thinking of how much we take for granted the freedom and peace we experience. We forget that there are uniformed men and women who work day in day out to ensure our safety. Putting their lives at risk like that is not only noble, it is admirable. I, therefore, take this chance to appreciate every man and woman in the service for the great work they do for their countries.

Overall, I rate this read 4 out of 4 stars. The characters were well developed and there were minor errors; a clear indication the book was well edited. I have to admit my worst part of the book was reading how the children were murdered in cold blood. No one should die like that, especially not innocent children.

It is no doubt the author has a command in writing. It was enjoyable to go through the book. The drama and action, in particular, got me at the edge of my seat. I recommend this read to anyone who loves an action-packed read. It also has a bit of romance in it. The gory scenes may be scary for children. I would not recommend the book to them.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”