Review by tayloremily -- Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tayloremily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayloremily.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Review by tayloremily -- Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by tayloremily »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After reading the Devil Among Us, by Jack Winnick, I’ve decided to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The grammar and punctuation is great. I think it was professionally edited. I enjoyed reading this book. It seems like it is based off of true events or at least goes off on it’s own with memory to old true events. It is fascinating. I really think this book deserves the rating I gave it. I usually think most of the books I read here are well written, but this one has really good writing.

This story begins with a family from Israel coming from a bar mitzvah for their son. As they enter into the church building in Brooklyn, something bad is about to happen. As the story goes on, well soon find out who is responsible for this tragedy. Shortly after the trauma, NYPD gets involved and starts putting things together. After narrowing down who the suspects may be, questioning a main character and searching homes of certain suspects, a lot of new information arises. There are three families who are questionable in this synagogue congregation that are probably not Jewish at all. This attack is deemed a terrorist attack on the Jews. Why? This is something to be discovered along the way.

I am really into this book. I’ve always been a fan of true stories even if it is not all true events, especially ones about this. It makes me realize just how many evil people are in this world and how much we can and can’t do to prevent it from happening. I like how the author puts his words together. He’s very good at writing. There’s really nothing I don’t like about this book.

I recommend this one to anyone over 18 that enjoys descriptive writing on real acts of terrorism. It keeps you pulled in and there are several books in the series. This is book two, I plan to read the first one and the next one after this. I do think some people might get offended when reading this because it’s about terrorism. It could be a sensitive topic to read if you don’t like to be educated on this type of thing. It’s a story yes, but I also feel it’s educational.

I can’t get over how well this was written, sorry that I’m repetitive about that. I sometimes get confused or have a hard time keeping up with certain authors because of how they put their words together. Not this time. Very well written. Excellent book to read.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thanks for the review 👍

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”