Official Review: Family Honor by Frank Racco

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1945
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2022 Reading Goal: 120
2022 Goal Completion: 49%

Official Review: Family Honor by Frank Racco

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Family Honor" by Frank Racco.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Freddy Rufino and Joe Petrucci decided to hire a luxurious limousine to drive them to their high school graduation dance. This prompted them to contemplate how they could amass considerable wealth in their twenties. Freddy never wanted to work hard and labor for a meager pay all his life. He wanted to experience a life where he had a lot of money at his disposal. This would enable him to do anything he desired and visit any place in the world anytime. They knew this would never be possible if they followed the conventional ways of making money. Consequently, Joe, Reno, and Willie accepted Freddy’s proposal to begin making their own money. This venture would cause them to plan and meticulously execute notable heists that hit the headlines. Furthermore, they also had to deal with betrayals and confront formidable and organized opponents who had been in the business for many years.

Family Honor was authored by Frank Racco and published in 2008. The book is approximately 586 pages long and is divided into thirty-three chapters. The primary setting of the book is in Montreal, Canada, and the story begins in the spring of 1973. It is narrated in the third person. The author has always enjoyed writing from his teenage years, and this novel testifies to his prowess in writing. It was gripping from the first to the concluding page.

The story of the four young men was compelling. The author compiled it so magnificently that the characters endear to the reader even though they were engaging in drug trafficking and other illegal businesses. One followed their journey from when they were working at odd jobs and struggling to make ends meet. Their ambitious nature made them visualize what they wanted and then forced them to work to fulfill their dreams. Loyalty, respect, and trust enabled them to stick together. I admired the fact that they also helped their friends and henchmen to get rich as well by rewarding them immensely. No one was left behind if they stuck to the rules laid down by their bosses.

It is hard to state what I liked most about the book because it was excellently written. The story was believable, and the conversations were lively too. The plot was also adequately built. The principal characters were brilliantly and realistically developed as well. Despite their pinpoint accuracy in planning and execution, the friends experienced some shortcomings as well. What I appreciated most about the four friends was that they remained loyal to each other to the end. They constantly reminded themselves about their respective contributions and flaws as well when tensions that threatened to divide them arose. In this manner, they stuck together to the end.

The language employed in the book was straightforward. Editing was poorly done, though, because I discovered many minor grammatical errors in the book. This is the only thing that was a bit off-putting. Therefore, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I enthusiastically recommend it to all ardent fans of crime and thriller books. The book is unsuitable for children as it contains sexual innuendos.

Family Honor
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

So they had to go steal instead of doing honest work? But the plot sounds interesting. Good work, great review. Thanks.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

The four young men were loyal to themselves. Where you pledge your loyalty is important. Thanks for your honest review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Dr. Bloodmoney
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 98%

Post by NetMassimo »

An intriguing crime thriller where honor among thieves is important. I hope the author will follow your suggestions and do another round of proofreading. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Great to know Freddy and Joe had a resolve and were indefatigable about it. I'd like to find out where their resilience got them too. Detailed review. Thank you for this submission.
Harty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty.html
Latest Review: Big Bunches At The Jam Factory by Keith.paulusse

Post by Harty »

It will be interesting to read what Freddy's get rich quick proposal to the others was. Thanks for the insights into the book.
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

Being over-ambitious is not advisable because it can lead to covetousness, but I commend their Loyalty, respect, and trust towards each other, it enabled them to stick together. Nice review, thanks.
Zee_Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zee-zee.html
Latest Review: Fact Check and More Probing Tales by James Hanna

Post by Zee_Zee »

I love the fact that the friends were loyal to each other but doing something dishonest to get rich quick, I don't agree with that. However, I think the review is great. Thanks!
Laurina_Olowo
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina_Olowo »

What was the proposal about? What did they decide to do. It's a well known fact that greed for what you can't afford leads to a lifestyle that ends in tears. Amazing review, thanks.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

Loyalty is the hallmark of friendship. I enjoyed the fact that even in the midst of committing crimes to get rich the friends understood the importance of unity. I am not a fan of crime books but I rather find this book interesting as it teaches the lesson of sticking together to achieve a goal. I will love to read this book to learn more on loyalty from this friends. Great review.
vikinghawk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vikinghawk.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by vikinghawk »

I'm not going to lie, when I looked at the title I thought this book was Family Horror. Imagine my surprise! :D Good review though!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”