Review by Booklover_543 -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Booklover_543
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-543.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Review by Booklover_543 -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Booklover_543 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the novel Final Notice, by Van Fleisher is a fictional read. Vijay Patel has created a watch in which notifies a person of their death within thirty days. What would you do if you knew that you were going to die within thirty days? In an American Country where guns are available, would you take revenge on others, Or would you prepare everything for your death? Would you spend most of your time with your loved ones or would you distance yourself? This book offers a fictional solution to everyone's grief, to say goodbye to your loved ones. Although, the watch does not notify sudden deaths. The watch is directed to older people with health issues. Would the app allow and help doctors diagnose and treat patients' health issues? Allowing them to have a chance to live longer.

The title of the novel is what drew my attention. What I really liked about this book is that although it is fiction, it makes connections to the real world. In the world of the novel, there are older people being mistreated or in a world of discrimination where there is access to guns.
Would increasing gun access cause more chaos? It also connects to politics and news media. Another positive is that they include in italics what the news is saying, offering greater insight into the world of the novel. The novel also offers a good amount of characters that is easy to keep track of.

The one thing that I disliked about this novel is the politics. Politics have to be added to this novel to understand the purpose of it. However, for a person who understands little in politics or takes no interest in it, will find the sections of politics a bit hard to understand.

This novel is directed to anyone. It offers so many insights into the real world. It ranges from school shootings to discrimination. From news media to politics. From strangers to friends. I would not recommend this book to kids. Only because it does involve the usage of guns. Most importantly, they will not understand the politics of this novel because they have very little knowledge of it. Plus, kids do not understand the real world, causing them to not understand how this book connects to somethings in the real world.

I rate this book 4 out of 4. The book was professionally edited and well thought out. It has many concepts that stay with you after you finish reading the book. It is an easy read that offers many insights.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”