Review by eliviac35 -- The Champagne Tales by Michael Amon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Review by eliviac35 -- The Champagne Tales by Michael Amon

Post by eliviac35 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Champagne Tales" by Michael Amon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Champagne Tales by Michael Amon is an exhilarating collection of short stories. From the first tale to the last, I was captivated. I rate this collection 4 out of 4 stars without any hesitation. I have - admittedly - laughed uncontrollably, cried unattractively, and felt rage course through my entire body while reading this collection. Whether you are ready or not, you will be rushed through a rollercoaster of different emotions with each short story.

It is no secret that in the majority of cultures, foods and beverages are at the top of the list of things that bring people together. Michael Amon is certainly aware of this fact, and he uses wine as the focal point of his writings. In The Champagne Tales, we see a wide variety of characters brought together with nothing more than a bottle of champagne. There are twists around every corner. Everyone is a little greedy, and you will undoubtedly see a theme of good versus evil.

My personal favorite part of this collection is a story that stands out among the rest: The Review. Michael Amon absolutely hit the nail on the head by displaying his wit and using an overly sarcastic sense of humor.

I only have two complaints about this collection. Firstly, Prey the Gay Away limits this book to a smaller audience due to the mature themes. While the story is very strong and has a very important message, I would consider omitting this short story to allow the collection to be suitable to a larger audience. Secondly, I feel that - in some of the tales - the author began to build suspense without fully committing which can weaken the shock factor of the twist endings. I also felt that, following the twist endings, a few of the stories would benefit from having more closure.

The short stories in this collection truly showcase the author’s versatility. His voice is very prominent, and - like a true chameleon - he easily adapts to clearly conveying the thoughts of many different individuals from all walks of life. Although each character and story is vastly different, it is easily discernable who the author is. There are a few spelling and grammatical errors, but I do believe that the collection was professionally edited.

I definitely recommend this book to everyone. Every single person in the world can relate to AT LEAST one story within this collection. Read all of these brilliant tales packed with twists and turns, and I guarantee that you will feel an unexpected assortment of emotions while hanging on tightly to each and every word.

The Champagne Tales
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Orangebananas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Orangebananas »

I definitely want to pick this up! I love a good twist.
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

I loved how closely the author was able to match the nuances of every characters' behaviour, words and how they would carry themselves based on the setting and background which they belong to.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”