Review by Nich37 -- The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Review by Nich37 -- The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Nichole Kurns »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was not disappointed when I read the The Dark Web Murders, by Brian O'Hare. It is the fourth book in the Inspector Sheehan Mysteries. The book brings back Inspector Sheehan and his team on the pursuit of a serial killer. A killer that is not like any that they have encountered. They are up against a highly intelligent killer, many obstacles, and suspect and little clues.

Inspector Sheehan and his team investigate the murder of Judge Trevor Neeson. They start the investigation by looking into the threats made against the judge. Then, there was the murder of a retired teacher, that was exactly like that of the judge. Inspector Sheehan began to wonder if the murders had a connection. Detective Denise Stewart found the identity of the killer, who was blogging about the murders on the dark web. This discovery, and a third murder put Inspector Sheehan and his team on the trail of, Nemein.

Detective Stewart identified the murder as Nemein. Nemein believes he is not a murderer but an instrument of punishment. He is using the blog on the dark web to express his philosophical justifications for the killing and to feed his own ego. He is a ruthless and highly intelligent that pushes Inspector Sheehan intuition to its limit. He will place Inspector Sheehan in an impossible position to make a choice that will affect everyone on his team.

The author does a good job at being vague about the real identity of the killer. I appreciate that he gives the reader the ability to look at the murders from the killer’s perspective and give some insight on how and why the killer think the way he does. This is done by having chapters or half of chapter comprised of the blog. Also, I think it is great that the author provided a list of characters with a short description of each at the beginning to the book along with acronyms used in the United Kingdom.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is professionally edited and have no spelling or grammar errors. Readers should keep in mind that the setting in the UK and there are spelling variations. The spelling variation does not distract from the story. I would recommend this book to readers who are mystery and crime fans. I would not recommend this book for children or anyone who is sensitive to explicit details of crimes. Overall, this book is psychological and suspenseful thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”