Review by plnjimenez -- Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
plnjimenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plnjimenez.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by plnjimenez -- Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by plnjimenez »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fate Line" by Marc J. Seifer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stories intertwined mainly by graphology, Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer unravels the truth in unrelated criminal events through the reputable reporter, Rudy Styne. Fate Line is the fourth installment in the Rudy Styne Quadrilogy albeit a stand-alone book. Rudy bravely follows his instincts as lives are at stake and current events create a disarray not just among the common citizens but also among the justice system. Varying personalities involving a holocaust survivor, a graphology protégé, a palm reader and wealthy families are laced together to make sense of the complex occurrences which cannot be unveiled by mere simplistic approach.

The manner of interconnecting separate lives of individuals was the part of the book which I liked the most. Scenes made up of vastly different events were skillfully made to relate to each other, forming a holistic plot. In addition to the commendable plot, the witty conversations contributed in grabbing the full attention of the reader. Intellectual dialogues spring up every now and then but not to the extent of letting the reader feel left out, but enough to make it interesting and understandable to a lay person. Fate Line can let the reader feel range of emotions, from happiness, shock, anger, disbelief, tension, to sadness. It was truly a gripping, action-packed book.

Unfortunately, the book had a significant number of typographical and grammatical errors which disrupt the full reading experience, thus the part I disliked the most. To mention a few, the surname of a character was misspelled in several circumstances and there were dialogues with missing quotation marks.

I rate Fate Line 3 out of 4 stars. It is a recommended read as it gives readers insight into different worlds, such as that of graphology, palm reading, and journalism. The plot takes the reader into suspenseful experiences making the book a page-turner. Due to the lack of a more careful editing of the book, I could not give it a rating of 4.

The audience I would recommend this book to are people looking for a fast-paced story with a taste for suspense. People who love twists and unpredictable turns would enjoy Fate Line as it will truly deliver. I would not recommend this book to people of faint hearts. This book illustrates the dark realities of life. People looking for a light read would not have their requirements met as the stories involve disturbing and culturally shocking scenarios.

Fate Line
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”