Official Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ellieonline03
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 819
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney

Official Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney

Post by ellieonline03 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quest for Closure" by David B. McKinney.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

David B. McKinney’s Quest for Closure is a literary masterpiece. There, I said it. This 300-page suspense novel is unputdownable. A young man’s quest to find the truth about his father’s death explores themes like grief, death, courage, survival, corruption, and the aftermath of war. It is a fast-paced novel that can be finished in one sitting.

The story focuses on Lien Phan Birchfield and his close friends in college. Lien traveled from Texas to Vietnam with one purpose: he wanted to know what happened to his father, who was presumed “killed in action” during the war there. It was supposed to be a simple excursion. But as soon as Lien started digging for the truth, he attracted the attention of dangerous people. With the help of his newfound friend, he was able to locate the place where his father had his last mission. Little did he know that the journey would be arduous and dangerous. Back in Texas, Lien’s friends devised a plan to help Lien and his mother get the war veterans' benefits that were long overdue.

What I loved about the novel is its compelling storyline. Readers follow Lien as he struggles to survive in an unknown environment with savage pursuers at his heels. McKinney weaved the story in such a way that readers would remain glued to the pages. It felt like I was with Lien as he faced the challenges that came his way. I felt joyous as he overcame the problems. I felt hopeless when he found no solution to his current struggle. Reading the novel takes you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Furthermore, it was impossible to guess the outcome of the story. It was both exciting and mind-blowing how the twists and turns kept popping up throughout the story.

There was nothing to dislike in this novel. I did notice a few errors, but it did not hamper my reading pace. If I had to pick one thing that I did not like, it was the lack of description of how Lien and his friends became The Invisible Four. Other characters in the book recognized them as The Invisible Four, but the author never explained how they came to be. This is just nitpicking, though. And considering that this is a sequel to the author’s other book called The Invisible Four, my question will likely be answered if I read the first book. However, I would still consider Quest for Closure as a stand-alone book.

With all these points considered, I award Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney 4 out of 4 stars. This would appeal to readers who enjoy suspense and thriller novels. Keep in mind, though, that the story will leave you wanting more.

Quest for Closure
View: on Bookshelves
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Salma_asa
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-asa.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by Salma_asa »

Your review is very interesting. I am intrigued by the plot of this book.

Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Reading a 300-page book in one sitting, I can see how much it is interesting. I like the stories with unexpected endings. Thanks for the review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Angelic Messenger by Shawn E. Lange

Post by That Reviewer »

In our desire to get closure for some horrible incidents in our life, we could open the door to issues we have no idea of. This story is a very relatable one.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Persepolis Rising
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Shadow Pantheon by Eric Nierstedt

Post by NetMassimo »

An impressive presentation of this novel. I'll definitely look into this series. Thank you for your review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”