Official Review: On the Third Day by King Lizzard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julius_
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Gaza
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Official Review: On the Third Day by King Lizzard

Post by Julius_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "On the Third Day" by King Lizzard.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On the Third Day: The Last War by King Lizzard is a graphic war novel that details a chemical war between Russia, America, and Germany. One could also argue that it’s a philosophical narrative, considering its prologue, which also acts as an introductory section to the book.

Sent to the North to observe possible missile attacks on Russia, the lazy and not very intelligent Yuri went recording the weather for the meteorological department. He intruded into the German airspace and got shot down.

In retaliation, the Russian government launched a deadly gas on the American military base in Ramstein, Germany. The gas, which was a compound of Agent BZ (3-quinuclidine benzilate), had an effect of turning its victims into rampaging lunatics with intense rage that made them kill those close to them, and even themselves. Within an hour, all the personnel at Ramstein and Spangehlem, the US airbases in Germany were all dead! The gas was spreading so fast and was threatening to attack the whole of Germany. Will Germany and America Control the situation and retaliate?

This was a fast-paced action-packed novel with a very interesting storyline. On whether this is a fictional book, the author says that,
Most of the events detailed herein were recovered from an item called a “black box,” which was buried under the Indian Ocean, presumably from some sort of wreckage. Many of the details were harvested from other resources, and some of this sh*t was just made up, clear, plain and simple, for entertainment value.
Some themes covered included war, leadership, pain and suffering among others. All these themes, accompanied by efficiently developed characters and an exciting storyline, made the book one of the most enjoyable reads I’ve ever had for years. Divided into twelve chapters, with multiple subheadings, this 280-paged book is well structured and easy to read.

I liked almost everything about this novel. To begin with, the multiple subheadings, which contained the location and both the local and the GMT time helped to create powerful imagery that made me feel like I was part of the story. Just from the beginning, this book starts off with action-packed scenes and maintains them throughout the novel.

Although this was a great book, I found multiple grammatical errors. Some, if not most of the errors were very obvious and easily noticeable. This made me ask myself whether the book was edited at all. It should, therefore, undergo a thorough editing process to eliminate these errors.

To conclude, this was a very good book. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Although I found the aforementioned errors, they didn’t affect my enjoyment at all. A single round of editing should be able to eliminate them. There were several graphic scenes and multiple profane words. People who hate these might not enjoy it. I recommend it to those who enjoy fast-paced action-packed novels with mild philosophy. Because of its strong language and scary scenes, children shouldn’t read it.

On the Third Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Amy747
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Walks of Life by Doug Wheat

Post by Amy747 »

Sounds like an interesting book but a bit too graphic for me.

xoxoAnushka
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by xoxoAnushka »

An action-packed novel surpassing war, misfortunes and sufferings sounds interesting to read. Great review!

Kanda_theGreat
Trial Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I prefer reading books that trigger me to form visual images of scenesand characters, and so I'll add this to my bookshelvef.
Thanks for the review.
Bet on Me!

Julius_

Post by Julius_ »

Amy747 wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 02:10
Sounds like an interesting book but a bit too graphic for me.
It's indeed interesting. Thanks for the comment.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Julius_

Post by Julius_ »

xoxoAnushka wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 02:25
An action-packed novel surpassing war, misfortunes and sufferings sounds interesting to read. Great review!
Thanks so much for the kind comments

Julius_

Post by Julius_ »

Kanda_theGreat wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 03:02
I prefer reading books that trigger me to form visual images of scenesand characters, and so I'll add this to my bookshelvef.
Thanks for the review.
It won't disappoint. Thanks for the comment.

djr6090
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Favorite Book: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Currently Reading: Inheritance
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: Aura Rising by Joel Seltzer

Post by djr6090 »

I was attracted to this book by it's Title. But there is so much real horror to draw from in the world around me, I would rather get lost in a more pleasant story. Thank you for your review, thought.

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: A Golfing Genius by John Atkinson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Thanks for your great review which gave me a good insight about the book that details a chemical war between Russia, America, and Germany. The Agent BZ appears to be quite deadly.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

espo
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espo.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by espo »

This sounds like a super exciting book! i’m not into action-packed narratives, but you wrote a very insightful and well rounded review.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 443
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: Retribution by Mike peck

Post by Wyland »

Your review intrigues me so much that I want to get this book now. I wonder whether the Germans and Americans will be able to control this deadly gas. Thanks for the wonderful review.

unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 245
Currently Reading: The Explosive Child
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Ferret by L.K. Samuels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

I don't tend to read war stories myself, but this one sounds exceptionally well written. Great review!
Latest Review: Ferret by L.K. Samuels

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 86
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Lighthouse Keeper by David Richards

Post by kandscreeley »

This one sounds intense. It seems like it has good themes, what is nice. Entertaining and informative. Thanks!
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott

Nkoo
Currently Reading: Dynomike: Pay It Forward
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Nkoo »

The author must be a good storyteller to be able to weave a book with well-developed characters, a good storyline, and major themes such as war, pain and the like. Great to know that you enjoyed the book despite its editing shortcomings. Thanks for the great review.

Jyockel08
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 24
Currently Reading: EMP honeymoon: kelly & tom
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jyockel08.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jyockel08 »

Excellent review. This seems like something I might pass up at first glance, but your review makes me want to read it now.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”