Review by Samak -- E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samak
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samak.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Samak -- E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Samak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a thriller about America on the verge of losing power on most electrical and electronic devices which would be triggered by an electro-magnetic pulse caused by explosion of a small atomic weapon thereby puting the US in a toil.

EMP honeymoon was well written making it’s uneasy to specify the most unique part of the narrative. It was written in such a manner that made it difficult to relegate. The story was approached with diverse viewpoints, that was great!. The suspense was just sufficient to make me anticipate the next scene at each point in time. Each of the characters felt vital to the story, and it's a great idea they were all offered different variables to the plot, thus, the end part couldn't be easily suggested. It is appreciative that the women in this story were independent and could take care of themselves. The book balances gender specificity by not making ladies useless in their capability.

The romantic part of this story was very scanty but, it further proves the realistic nature of the condition that surround their honeymoon. I can't actually pinpoint something major that I disconcur with about this book because there wasn't much to dislike about the book.

Without hesitation, I give E-M-P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer 4 out of 4 stars. The thriller aspects of this book were great and I couldn’t put the book down at certain parts. The characters all felt important and each played a significant role in the story. Nothing about this book felt wasted or unimportant to the plot. The overall story was believable and fantastic.

Conclusively, this book was indifferent for audience selection. The easiness of comprehending this book is based on the simplicity of the author's writing. Reading this book will make you want to read more of this author's writing.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: No Longer A Child of Promise
Bookshelf Size: 329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Looking for Normal by Karen Harmon

Post by kdstrack »

This story alerts readers to the reality of this kind of attack. I like the description you give of the characters in the book. I read this book when it was BOTM and agree with your rating. Thanks for your interesting review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”