Review by Clh_73 -- B-Side by Janis Jones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clh_73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clh-73.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by Clh_73 -- B-Side by Janis Jones

Post by Clh_73 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "B-Side" by Janis Jones.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

B-Side by Janis Jones is a romance novel. The story is about a woman named Mara who used to date men but then found a woman partner named Cassandra to spend the rest of her life with. Cassandra is a bartender. Mara is a police officer who used to date her police partner who's name is Derek until she met Cassandra. Derek is trying to learn how to cope with his heartache and his feelings for Mara as he works with her on a daily basis. One day Mara comes home from work to find that Cassandra has been badly beaten by someone and has a long recovery ahead of her. Mara and Derek work to find out who beat her but there are very few clues and leads to go on however, a homeless man proves to be helpful despite his quirky ways. There are lots of twists and turns to this story that are quite interesting.

In my opinion it always makes a story more interesting when there are more things in it such as romance, drama, and mystery etc. throughout the story. It can sometimes give the story extra depth and keeps the story interesting. This book is written in this way so I liked it. What I liked most about this story was the characters. The main characters were great but I also liked the supporting characters as well. The homeless man is my favorite supporting character with his quirky ways and strange ways of speaking. What I disliked the most about the story was the fairly abrupt ending to the story. I feel like Mara should have had a discussion with Derek about what he'd decided to do and why. I feel like it could have added more information and understanding to the story or there could have been an alternate ending.

I rate B-Side by Janis Jones a 3 out of 4 stars. This novel was good and was fun to read. I was emotionally drawn into the story which to me makes it a good book. The book was very well edited with no typos or grammar errors.

I would rate the erotic scenes in this book a 2 on a 0-5 Scale. These scenes are somewhat descriptive but not overly detailed. They are also between two women so this needs to be taken into consideration when you are choosing this book. Profane language is used in this book quite a bit.

This book does have erotic scenes between the two women so this may not be the best book for you to read if this sort of relationship is something you are not comfortable with. There are also pretty descriptive violent scenes as well and because of these things, this book will not be appropriate for all romance novel readers.

B-Side
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”