Review by Cma1970 -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cma1970
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cma1970.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Cma1970 -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Cma1970 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dorothy May Mercer has an extraordinary way of weaving a tale so fast you are gripping each page! I love that this book introduced new terminology I have never thought of before. I read to learn and be inspired! This adventure is fast paced. That is why I would give this book a 4 star out of 4 star rating! I did not detect any misspellings or any crude language.

I would recommend this book for teens on up! There is flirting between 2 U.S.government agents from 2 different branches of service who have to share a moped in Honduras, but this flirting doesn't take place in the book until 43% of the way through the book.

It is so action packed that the married couple on their honeymoon barely have time alone. The wife, Kelly, knows how to decode computer programs. The groom, Tom,is a city police sergent and together they convince their family and coworkers back in the U.S. through pictures that they have stumbled upon a terrorist group with nuclear weapons. Kelly's brother, Mike, is a U.S. Senator! So all proper authorities begin to help solve this mystery that needs to be translated from Korean. It is a completely believable tale of intrigue and suspense!

One of the US agents actually trys to date one of the female terrorists to get close to her to see what she is up to. So with witty charm the author spins a funny tale into each characters background that makes up who they are currently.

I found it helped to first read the list of characters by chapters, another great tool that the author provides as a great overview to fall in love with each character and their role in the plot. Everything came together nicely but I had no idea how it would all work out. It is also refreshing that the author doesn't keep explaining previous conversations between characters. The author dives right in to the meat and potatoes of the juicy details and states that they will bring each other up to speed, so to speak, so it is understood that while the characters were separated they discussed their findings and are moving on rather than rehashing details!

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

I read and reviewed this book recently too. I agree with you about the pacing, it was fast exactly to the right extent and the book was very fun. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”