Review by M_fritz -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
M_fritz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-fritz.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by M_fritz -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by M_fritz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer book begins in Honduras, with the two main characters Tom and Kelly. Tom and Kelly are newlyweds on their honeymoon on the beautiful island of Honduras with hundreds of other people. Among the many normal tourists they're those vacationing who only seem to be ordinary. Tom and kelly decide to spend a few hours apart to do the things they enjoy after spending some quality time together. Kelly decides to go shopping in the local town market and Tom goes sailing. When Kelly arrives at the market place she leaves her group hoping to find something off the beaten path to take back for her family. Kelly walks into a store never to be the same. There are dangerous people here and it would seem that they aren't as worried about Kelly as they are about Dear Leaders' orders and a particular country. This begins an epic journey and also brings together a new group of friends as they all work together to find out what it means and if they can stop it. Their true identity is our first suprise. In the end the goal is to protect as many as possible, enjoy the honeymoon, and ... well I can't say much more or I'll ruin it for you!

The things I liked the most about E-M-P Honeymoon is that it's amazing, it is funny, sweet, well thought out, and characters have reasonable back stories. Plus the action and suspense makes for a wonderful read. This book is one of those rare gems. I enjoyed this book tremendously. I honestly wouldn't hesitate recommending this book to action or adventure lovers. I would give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the action..the story was not without borderline swearing but given my personal taste I would say it is a clean book. I also think it's important to note I listened to the audible version and was not able to find any spelling errors due to this.

E-M-P Honeymoon is a very clean book. I didn't catch any swearing unless you are sensitive to borderline swearing instances like "Oh My..." Or the word Hell do occur periodically, however this did not bother me at all. I think most people wouldn't be bothered by it either. The book obviously has honeymooners but the sex scenes are dealt with tactfully. There is never any explicit descriptions and sex is really only implied. This book is best suited to someone who loves a good adventure story. I wouldn't recommend this book to those searching for a romance novel or a deep scifi.

I really enjoyed this book but I had to reread it a few times. This book was my first experience using Audible. Audible is an app that will read to you for those who.are unfamiliar. This was the part I disliked the most. I really struggled with this because I am used to marking my pages as I go along. I tried listening while doing things like the dishes or cleaning, but I would miss a section or miss hear what was being read. I also tried listening before bed but always fell asleep. I think for my next book choice.I will stick to my normal choices and read a physical or online book.

The good things about Audible are that the reader was very pleasant to listen to, he often changes voices for different characters. The reader kept up a good pace that was never boring and kept my attention. I also really enjoyed Audibles speed choice. I could choose to speed up or slow down at any point. The controls took me a while to figure out but I am not technologically smart.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”