Review by ArielKiaira -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ArielKiaira
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arielkiaira_1557554.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2460

Review by ArielKiaira -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by ArielKiaira »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a story about a couple, Kelly McBride and Sgt. Tom Turbulo, who are honeymooning in the Caribbean. One day while shopping for gifts, Kelly encounters a strange store that is a possible cover for a terrorist operation. The couple puts their honeymoon plans on hold and begins to investigate the potential danger to their county. Eventually, they find themselves in between a critical international plot to bomb North America.

A 4 out of 4 rating is what I think this book deserves. When I began to read the book, I was absorbed into it almost instantly. The author did an astonishing job of creating a storyline that keeps the readers on their toes and suspenseful about what will happen next. Throughout the book, I found myself excited to continue reading. I rarely find a book that I am willing to read in one sitting. And I credit the easy read of the book to the fact that it is so simple yet enticing. Therefore, giving this book anything less than a perfect rating would be an underestimate of its quality.

One thing that I enjoyed about the book was the characters. The characters fit well within the story and contribute to the quality of the book. All the characters felt just as important to the story as the main characters. The author didn't allow the secondary characters to fade into the background of the book but she gave them life and depth.

The only problem that I've come across is that the numerous subplots could easily lead to confusion. If you are not the type of person who focuses on what they are reading, you will get lost in the side stories. I would've appreciated it if the author focused more on the main plot and wrote accordingly, as opposed to clouding the reader with a lot of unnecessary subplots that don't further the plotline.

In conclusion, the audience for the book is versatile. And I appreciate that the author did not overcomplicate the book but simplified it so that the message was clear. It allowed the readers to focus more on the plotline.

I love everything about his book and I hope you'll enjoy it as well.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

arielkiaira_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arielkiaira.html

Post by arielkiaira_ »

This is one of the best reviews I've seen!! I like how well you organized your information!

arielkiaira_
Currently Reading:

Post by arielkiaira_ »

What was your favorite character?

arielkiaira_
Currently Reading:

Post by arielkiaira_ »

Who is your least favorite?

arielkiaira_
Currently Reading:

Post by arielkiaira_ »

Can you help me with my reviews?

arielkiaira_
Currently Reading:

Post by arielkiaira_ »

I disagree, I don't feel like there were too many subplots. I think the few that she had were easy and added a lot of depth to the story.

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

I reviewed this book recently too, and it was intresting to read your review and see another perspective(: And I completely agree with you about being absorbed to the book from its very start and about the susepenseful storyline, these are the things that I liked about the book too. Thanks for the thorough review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”