Review by Katie Canedy -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katie Canedy
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-canedy.html
Latest Review: In GOD's Image by Shirley P. Soon

Review by Katie Canedy -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by Katie Canedy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tom and Kelly are on their honeymoon in Honduras. Tom is out on a boat and Kelly wants to shop for a gift for her nephew. When she gets to the store, she discovers something a bit more than candy and toys; the United States is in danger! What will happen to Tom and Kelly’s honeymoon? What do all these computers mean?

E-M-P Honeymoon, written by Dorothy May Mercer, is a fast-paced, action-packed romance novel. There is never a dull moment in any of the 184 pages! Once I picked up this book, I couldn’t put it down! Tom and Kelly aren’t alone on this journey either. They end up meeting a few teammates named Aggie and Sharon who proved to be very helpful in the mission. Another person, Steve Spalding, appeared as well. With his special knowledge, the team became stronger than ever in their mission to stop a global war.

My favorite character out of the whole team is Kelly. Even though Kelly seems to be the one who is the most fearful, she is not a damsel in distress. Kelly is very smart and proved that her involvement in the mission was vital. Without her intelligence, the team would not have been able to solve problems and make plans as effectively as they did.

I enjoyed the fact that the book was not all about romance. Even though E-M-P Honeymoon is listed as a romance novel, I feel that it is better described as a thriller. There is a decent amount of romance and one indirect mention of sexual relations, but it wasn’t overpowering at all. I found that the action and suspense got my attention more than the romance did.

If there is one thing that I disliked, it was Steven and Sharon’s relationship. There is a lot of implications that these two are close, but it did not seem to go anywhere. But I did find out after I read this book that it is part of a series. Given this information, the author could easily write a story involving these two.

I also liked the information and research section at the end of the book. This shows the reader that the author spent much time with her book and made sure that every governmental organization and issue was based on real facts. I found only a few grammatical errors in the entire book, making it clear that it is professionally edited. I am pleased to rate E-M-P Honeymoon 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to teenagers and adults who enjoy thriller books with a bit of romance. I look forward to reading more from Dorothy May Mercer!

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"There is no try, only do."- Yoda
"If you can dream it, you can do it."- Walt Disney
“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant,it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”