Review by Zgub -- The Girl in Red Pajamas by Chris Birdy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zgub
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zgub.html
Latest Review: Shackles and More Gripping Tales by James Hanna
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Zgub -- The Girl in Red Pajamas by Chris Birdy

Post by Zgub »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl in Red Pajamas" by Chris Birdy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are looking for a thrilling mystery to read on your holiday or even over the weekend, The girl in the red pajamas is exactly what you need. Easy to read, Chris Birdy is transporting you in a family drama with interesting and relatable characters, fast pace action and a fulfilling ending.

As the story unfolded I loved the way the characters were presented - do not expect a Thomas Hardy description, but - enough to get you going, to understand the social context and event psychological one along the way. Putting you straight in the middle of the story it will transport you in all the characters worlds, discover secrets, expect smart moves and stupid mistakes, love and drama, but most of all religion fanatics with really narrow views of the world.

Since some story revealings are brief and look like they are made just to wrap up this part of the story, I would have liked to learn more of some characters, situations. I felt like my curiosity was not satisfied enough and even though I wasn’t left with unanswered questions, I felt like there should have been more emphasis on some parts of creating the story. Maybe a more complex and documented story would have made me happier.

The mixture between religion, money and murder is quite balanced keeping you on the edge in some situations and letting you guess the others. The girl in the red pajamas, created by Chris Birdy, is not dangerous if she likes you, she can help you with her innocence and even has her own history of shady events briefly described in the book. She is a gifted little girl, desperately wanting to be a warrior and always creeping adults out with her wits. She spies, gets involved in police investigations, is a lovely drama queen and makes you love her even though you find out along the way that she is actually pretty dangerous and does not shy away from murder and sabotage. Adults around this small creature are always careful, tip toeing around her and trying to get in her good graces all the time, because early on they knew that “Isabella had already killed twice before”.

All in all the book is a great read for somebody who loves short stories, wants to get in the mood to read again and for those who want to relax. I rate this book 4 out of 4, with well editing.

The Girl in Red Pajamas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”