Review by Jasmineb8641 -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jasmineb8641
Currently Reading: Rescue Her Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmineb8641.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Jasmineb8641 -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by Jasmineb8641 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E-M-P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer was a great read. The complex plot, variety of subplots and abundance of interesting character’s make this story quite the page-turner. The story starts off telling us about the unique adventures of Tom and Kelly’s honeymoon. A few pages in and the reader is pulled into the threat of a looming disaster.

Kelly walks off from Tom to go gift shopping. She discovers a secret lab and thanks to her findings, she spends the rest of her island honeymoon trying to avoid the bad guys. These bad guys just happen to be a foreign dictator and his undercover crew sharing the island with the newlyweds. Tom, Kelly and their newfound allies work against the clock to try and unhinge the enemy’s plan. The unlikely crew work together to try and save their country and themselves. Friends in powerful places, smart minds and the bravery of the main characters all propel the action forward in this fast-paced thriller.

I give E-M-P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom 4 out of 4 stars . Just from reading it, you can tell that it is exceptionally well-edited. I really liked how the subplots and character backstories all worked together to make for an interesting story. The banter between characters was humorous. And despite the danger they were in, Kelly and Tom didn’t let anything kill their romance. The plot of the story is realistic enough that the pending threat to the characters felt like a threat to me as well. The details included were very well researched. I doubt the author could have made this stuff up. But just to remove any doubts from our minds, she included citations in the book of some of the factual details. Overall, the novel is well-written and there isn’t anything I disliked about it.

I think this book is more appropriate for adults. Some of the finer, more technical details might be lost upon teens and children. It could be hard to follow the pace of the story for those with undeveloped comprehension skills. Also, those readers that strongly prefer romance novels may not make this book their first choice. While we do follow Tom and Kelly on their honeymoon, romance is certainly not the focus of this story.

All in all, I enjoyed this book. It is humorous, sweet and thrilling. I enjoyed going on this adventure with the cast of characters and I will be interested to see what Dorothy May Mercer writes next.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”