Review by Dragonsend -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dragonsend
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 525
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Dragonsend -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by Dragonsend »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer are jam-packed with action and a delightful novel to curl up with. Tom is a police officer and Kelly is his current wife and they are on their honeymoon in Honduras. The novel starts off with a frantic and scary phone call to her brother, Senator Mike Mcbride. She has stumbled upon a back room in a shop called the Pigsty that has her wondering what someone is up to, and she is terrified she may be pursued for her discovery. Senator Mcbride does some digging on his end and then sends a couple of his people to help find out what is going on on this far away island.

I thought that Dorothy May Mercer delivered a fun, light, thriller with plenty of action and some unexpected humor. One of my favorite things about this author is though she writes romance novels she keeps them G rated. There are light banter and mild innuendos and this fosters the dialogue zipping right along, but nothing to deter someone who does not enjoy heavier romance novels. I have to mention the antagonist in this novel as one of my favorite things; the enemy spies are clumsy and the leader who actually is called Dear Leader is portrayed as a buffoon. This is executed very efficiently and keeps the scary subject of terrorism light.

I don't have any major complaints about this novel. It was extremely well written, and I did not discover any mistakes as far as typos or grammatical errors. It was straight-forward, solidly written, technical without being boring, and exciting without being graphic. The cover could have been a little more eye-catching but was not offensive or off-putting. This is a good before bedtime read to curl up and relax with.

Dorothy May Mercer has included at the back of her book a segment on various topics discussed in the book. This is enormously beneficial because not all the details in the book are widespread knowledge. I have to applaud her for this and the list of characters denoting what chapter they were introduced. These are just two added attractions to the book.

I E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom four out of four stars. This book stands out for its smooth prose and mixture of suspense and humor. Suitable for all audiences, I recommend this book for anyone who likes to read quality entertainment. Happy reading.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”