Review by Neha++ -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neha++
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Neha++ -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neha++ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Has it been a long time since you haven't watched or read any action-thriller? Then you should pick E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mayer to read a fast-paced and page-turner action-thriller. Adrenaline will rush throughout your body as you will turn each page. Get ready for many twists and turns and an ending that will surprise you.

Tom and Kelly, a newly wedded couple, are enjoying the honeymoon in Honduras. Kelly stumbled upon the lone shop to buy gifts for her nephews and nieces. After grabbing some gifts, she found no one to make a bill and peeks into a forbidden room that seemed to be a hidden high-tech lab. While peeking around, she is caught by someone from behind but manages to escape from the shop and made a phone call to her brother, Michael McBride, a united states senator, to inform about her situation. After escaping safely to the hotel, she poured everything to Tom. Soon after this, Steve Spalding, a spy, started spying on Kelly and Tom. Worried Michael, sends Sharon and Agatha to Honduras to protect his sister. Soon, it was discovered that the hidden lab was operated by a group of terrorists. What were these terrorists planning? Will terrorists be able to catch Kelly? What will Tom and Kelly do? And many more questions will be answered in E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mayer.

It was hard to put down this book once I started reading it. The author never left a chance to amaze me with her writing. Unlike other action-thrillers, you will encounter thrills right from the start. The author has made use of skills of characters in the plot like the spying ability of Steve, the sharp mind of Tom, cruelties of antagonists, etc. But rather than focusing on characters, the author has focused on plot. Scientific concepts like E-M-P are explained with details so that everyone will understand them.

My favorite aspect of this book is the plot. The plot is well-planned. It runs smoothly from the start until the end. Readers are alerted, before the change in situation and place, hence, making the plot more understandable. The setback I found was that the book has less romance than expected. I would place this book under the action and thriller genre. Even so, it didn't stop me from enjoying the exciting plot. The book is professionally well-edited. There are no erotic scenes and rare use of profane language. This book is equally suitable for all religions.

Considering all the above aspects, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I will recommend this book to readers enjoying actions and thrills. Sci-fi readers will also like this book. Readers who like the romance genre will be a little disappointed due to less romance than expected. Besides children, this book is suitable for all age groups. Grab this book to find out why it is named E-M-P Honeymoon and join the exciting journey of Tom and Kelly.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”