Review by Tdenn5 -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tdenn5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tdenn5.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Tdenn5 -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Tdenn5 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom by Mercer, Dorothy May; is a science fiction novel with some very real truths.

Kelly and Sgt. Tom are newlyweds on their honeymoon in Honduras. They are enjoying their time and decide to explore outside of their Villa. Kelly stumbles upon this gift shop, or so she thinks gift shop, and finds something that could get her killed. Then there is Reese, a Colonel who is a woman just trying to make the people above her happy. She may not understand what her mission is exactly but she'll make her superiors happy at any cost.

Senator McBride sends his assistant, who is also a private investigator, on a mission to make sure Kelly is safe. He had received a call from his sister who sounded nervous so Patterson, his assistant, sends two ladies and CIA man Steve to ensure her safety. They end up making a discovery that could gravely impact the country.

The topic in this book is very real and unknown to many people. It is a phenomenon that can be man-made or a solar flare and how it can be detrimental to society as we know it. She covers many other topic in the book but an EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) is the main topic throughout the book. The book easily captures and keeps the readers attention.

This book definitely has many facts in it and you can tell the author thoroughly did research to make it that way. My only negative is I felt like you would be reading one storyline and it would switch to another. I felt as though she could have spared some more pages to finish out some storylines. However, I really enjoyed the topic of this book and how well researched it was therefore it gets a 4 out of 4 stars. I definitely recommend this book to all science fiction lovers.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”