Review by Jasica900 -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jasica900
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasica900.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Jasica900 -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by Jasica900 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a thriller romance novel that centers around newlyweds Kelly and Tom Turbulo, a sergeant of the Carson City PD. They’re honeymooning blissfully at a resort in Honduras where most of their time is spent lounging on the beach and visiting tourist attractions. One day, Kelly innocently stumbles into the storage room of a shop and discovers some alarming equipment and maps of North America that show its vulnerabilities. After almost being captured by a guard, her instincts tell her she needs to find out what’s going on and fast. The safety of the entire nation could be at stake.

This book was very well written, and it’s difficult to pinpoint what I liked the most. It was written in such a way that made it hard to put down, and the author did a fantastic job of weaving the story together by telling it from different viewpoints. The suspense was just enough to keep me on the edge of my seat and the romance wasn't such a huge part of the story that it was overbearing. Each of the characters felt vital to the story, and I appreciated how they all offered different variables to the plot so that it was hard to anticipate the ending. I also really enjoyed the fact that the women in this story were independent and could take care of themselves. It always ruins a story for me when the women are portrayed as useless and helpless so it was refreshing to see that was not the case with this book.

There wasn’t much to dislike about this book so I couldn’t think of something major that I disliked the most. There were quite a few typos that I noticed, but that didn’t affect my reading experience. The only other thing that I could comment on was the romance development. There were a few times throughout the story that the romance between two of the characters seemed to develop a little quickly, but nothing that was so bad as to feel unrealistic or sappy in any way.

I rate EMP Honeymoon a 4 out of 4 stars. There wasn’t anything about this book that gave me a reason to rate it any lower. The suspense and thriller aspects of this book were great and I couldn’t put the book down at certain parts. The characters all felt important and each played a significant role in the story. Nothing about this book felt wasted or unimportant to the plot. The overall story was fantastic as well as believable. It made you think about the possibility of these events happening in the future and how we need to be prepared.

This book is geared more towards older readers. It contains several curse words as well as some suggestive content that wouldn’t be suitable for a younger reader. This book doesn’t contain any elements that might prevent someone from a particular religion from enjoying it. If you enjoy realistic thriller novels than I would highly recommend you give this book a chance.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”