Review by Usafretiredmsg -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Usafretiredmsg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usafretiredmsg.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Usafretiredmsg -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by Usafretiredmsg »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

- 1st instance of profanity - loc 645 2nd parag (hell)
- 1st para loc 678 - "of" s/b after "top"
- 5th para loc 1595 - "whose" s/b "who"
- 2nd instance of profanity - loc 3169 4 para (cunt)

I rate this book 4 out of 4.. I enjoyed reading this novel. Other readers who like action and intrigue will enjoy this novel as well.

Summary
The story is centered around an effective, although unknown early on team of US citizens and governmental employees. They are brought together accidentally through a series of events that ends up leading them into a world of intrigue between the United States and a foreign power. How this team is able to thwart an attack on the United State's power grid is thrilling reading.

The story starts out innocently enough with a recently married couple enjoying their honeymoon in Honduras. The wife, who is the sister of a crusading US Senator, phones her brother in a panic. She was out exploring and came across a situation that could lead to her being captured, interrogated, or worse.

He immediately puts the wheels into motion to help his sister and brother-in-law, a cop from Nevada. He contacts an old friend from the CIA to request assistance but was given the "party line" response.

I have read a number of novels of this genre. I believe the author has connections within our Government to provide her with unclassified information that was used in the development of this novel. The subplots that occurred are very nicely put together. The timeline follows a very well thought out chain of events.

I liked how the author meshed the story into a easily followed plot line. Even though it jumped around from location to location, I was able to follow it as a logical progression of event which ended in the foreign power being stopped from executing his plan.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”