Review by Nikhil Nannaware -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikhil Nannaware
Favorite Book: The 11.05 Murders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhil-nannaware.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Review by Nikhil Nannaware -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by Nikhil Nannaware »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The very opening line actually got my attention to the story. The story starts with an intense prologue, describing a personality that actually bothered me. Oh, not in the bad way. I loved it how the character was sketched. But it surely moved me, as I wasn't expecting him things he was doing. Sentences are decorated very well that it compelled me to complete this read as soon as I could.

The story revolves around the investigation of two brutal murders which are connected with 12 year old incident. And the thirds murder is something that will make you completely anxious. As the storyline gathers pace, Sheehan, Denis, Tom and the investigating team unfold things gradually. And in the starting, I could find the link between the murders and the motive behind it, but who was behind those was something kept me immersed in reading. I loved the chemistry between Allen and Denies. Damn, how badly I wanted to read something romantic between them both since the moment both come into the same picture, their first icy meet. The story is filled with full of surprises and twists for the reader.

There was a scene when Weir deals with his wife and that shocked me to the core. I do give my 4 out of 4 rating to The 11:05 Murders. I give 4 ratings to the storyline, to the flow of the story, the way it was narrated, the decorative sentences, for the suspense created and how things were unfolded, characters created and the background they’ve got, even the editing of the book, and of course, the dry humour I always envy. I didn't find any grammatical error, and if I had, I'd happily ignore it.

There's this chapter in the ending, and of course you won't get anything if you don't read it from the first chapter. This chapter blew my mind. I could sigh, and think after each sentence was completed. Too many thoughts troubling me, too many feelings bothering me, leaving me open mouthed, making sense of what I read in previous chapters but enough obvious to make me think what if my guess is wrong?! And that's where the writer wins the game. In a sentence you think 'yes, he's the one, you got the man!' but in next line he just isn't. I was damned boggled and I loved that.

The writer, Brian O’Hare knows how to play with words and with reader's mind, the knowledge and seniority is visible in his writing. This is the story to get anxious and thrilled while reading. It's been long time I read something like this, the thrill in every second, the panic, hammering in the head of what next that all the time kept guessing, but when needed I couldn't. This is no action novel but those who like suspense thriller, this is a gem. And who don’t like reading suspense thriller would surely start to like after reading this.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”