Review by Nimisha_91 -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review by Nimisha_91 -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by Nimisha_91 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kelly and Police Sergeant Tom Turbulo are two newlyweds on a romantic honeymoon in the beautiful island of Honduras. Everything was going perfectly when, on one of her adventures, Kelly happens upon a secret laboratory hidden behind a fake storefront. Before she could get out, she gets caught in the act by a dangerous guard. She narrowly manages to escape and inform her brother, Senator Micheal McBride, who immediately puts his trusty Secretary Cynthia on the case. Cynthia sends her staff to the island to inspect the situation themselves, and they run into an undercover CIA agent who is on his own mission - stalking a suspicious Asian woman named Sue Lynn Reese. She is in fact Colonel Su-jin, a soldier leading a group of men on a dangerous mission, under command by their cruel leader, a mission that could lead to the destruction of North America. And now it is up to Kelly and the rest of them to stop this from happening.

EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a fiction that combines the excitement of science fiction with the heart of a romance. It has politics, drama, suspense and a little bit of humor. The book was a pleasant surprise, considering the title. It is fast-paced and the relationship between the main protagonists keeps the plot light and enjoyable.

What i disliked about the book were the headings of every chapter. They were just descriptive and honestly a little childish. Another poor choice on the author's part was the title of the book. After reading the title i went into it expecting a very silly book, which it was not. I also felt like there was an inconsistency in the way the cruel, scary leader of the enemy country was portrayed. Initially he is just a cunning, psychopath but towards the end his character suddenly starts acting idiotic. The romantic relationship between two of the other characters felt a little forced and unnecessary.

What i liked was how well researched the book was. The author has given explanations and references to every scientific thing she talks about in the book. It is always impressive when so much good research goes into a fiction. I also liked how she has given a glossary of the characters at the end, which helps with a book like this with so many characters. The book has a nice flow to it and keeps you interested. The author's writing style captures your attention from the beginning.

The book seems professionally edited. I did not find any grammatical or spelling errors in the book. There is no vulgarity or sexual content, therefore it is appropriate for all ages. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is a standalone.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”