Official Review: Ghost Saviors by Pamela Crist-Wright

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adedayo+23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adedayo-23.html
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin

Official Review: Ghost Saviors by Pamela Crist-Wright

Post by Adedayo+23 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ghost Saviors" by Pamela Crist-Wright.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The horrors of human trafficking and sexual servitude are laid bare in this fast-paced and action-packed thriller. Allistor became a warrior the day his only child was taken and sold into slavery by sex traffickers. His immense fortune became his sword, and he wielded it to acquire and sometimes create lethal teams to combat traffickers around the world. These heroic men and women are not only passionate about their cause to rescue innocents who are sold into sexual slavery, but they are also ruthless at dealing death to the sadistic monsters who commit or enable such a cruel act. These courageous crusaders are called Ghost Saviors by the people they have rescued. Allistor’s strike force is made up of highly trained, lethal, and battlefield tested veterans. Their mission: to crush those that rule the world of human trafficking.

Ghost Saviors is the second book in the Justifiable Series by Pamela Crist-Wright, but it can be read as a standalone novel. It is both a plot and character-driven work of fiction. I would have loved nothing more than to award this book the maximum rating but for the editing issues. The story was fantastic. From the originality of the plot to the concise writing, and the colorful cast of characters, the book was well-executed. Despite the central theme of human trafficking, the author was able to weave in lighter themes of love, friendship, redemption, and second chances, making for a balanced storyline. The dialogue was authentic, and the characters were well-developed.

What I loved most about the book was the delivery. It was an action-packed thriller that read like an action-packed thriller. The writing was concise, and the story was not bogged down with too many details. I could easily see the book made to film due to its cinematic appeal. The story was as much about the lives of Allistor’s crusaders as it was about the epidemic of human trafficking. The author took it a step further by adding another sinister element to the story that the protagonists must figure out. The story picked up from the start with a flow that steadily built in momentum. I could not put it down and was quite disappointed when it ended, but what a cliffhanger. The story continues in the third book.

Additionally, strong female characters were abundant. A few of them were wounded veterans turned superheroes. One thing they all had in common was their resilience; another was their strength of character. One of my favorite characters was McKinley Martinez. She was a smart and capable federal agent and Allistor’s surrogate daughter. She was responsible for the arrest of several high-profile cartel members, and this made her a target. A failed attempt on her life paved the way for her to join Allistor’s team. She was not as highly trained as the others, but she was just as adept at taking down bad guys and held her own.

The only downside was the editing. There were several mildly distracting punctuation errors and a few grammatical and typographical errors. Another round of careful editing should fix this. Consequently, my rating is 3 out of 4 stars. Ghost Saviors takes you on a rollercoaster ride from start to finish, and I eagerly await the next book in the series. I will also be adding the first book in the series to my reading list. There is a petition on the author’s website to take the book to film, and I intend to add my signature. I hope you will too. Apart from the book’s cinematic appeal, a portion of all book and film sales goes to housing projects for homeless veterans. If you’re into seriously fast-paced and highly action-packed thrillers, this is for you. Due to some profane language and violent scenes, this book is not for children. However, there are no graphic descriptions to offend squeamish readers.

Ghost Saviors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Destiny struggles to reassert the pattern that was meant to be." ~ Lightning by Dean Koontz :tiphat:
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

This sounds like a great, action-packed book. Hopefully the errors can be corrected as well. Thanks for the excellent review!
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I always wonder when books that sound so great, suffer from a lack of editing. Constant errors always turn me away from a novel. It does sound an interesting read though! Thank you for your review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like an awesome story. I love that these people are all about rescuing those sold into servitude. I'm just wondering if the book would be too graphic and dark for me. Thanks for introducing it to us, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by tristenb »

Human trafficking is a real problem. I'm glad the author is able to write about and spread more awareness. I'm going to add this series to my want to read list. Thanks for the review!
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Miller56 »

Thanks for the review. I think that human trafficking happens more often than we realize in the United States. It is always awesome when an author can bring a difficult subject to the surface. This book sounds like she was able to provide some awareness of this awful subject to the readers. Probably too dark of a story for me to enjoy though.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Honestly, I don't usually consider reading books classified as "action thrillers." They usually just don't interest me. This one, however, seems to have something a bit different about it. Your review has definitely intrigued me. Despite the errors, I'll be checking this one out. Thanks for the excellent review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This series touches on a contemporary reality. Your summary of the book has piqued my interest. I also am impressed by the fact that you want to go back and read the first book in the series. Thanks for the compelling recommendation!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”