Review by karendi jururi -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
karendi jururi
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karendi-jururi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by karendi jururi -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by karendi jururi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer is a crime thriller a little short of 250 pages. It documents a newly married couple struggling to adjust to the thought of being newly married and enjoying their honeymoon. The couple is in luck. They found a beautiful paradise in the Caribbean for a huge bargain. Their honeymoon turns out just fine until one fateful day when Kelly was kind enough to take his nephew toy shopping. This is the beginning of her troubles as she meets her antagonist, mean guys-terrorists. She is completely scared. Slowly, the story evolves in magnitude and complexity. The innocent couple is caught up in an unfortunate chain of events. The story is beautiful.

In particular, I loved the pace of the story. The book makes a lovely fast read, actin packed thriller. It is filled with suspense. The flow so good- it offered an incentive to read. I read it overnight. I found the book fairly engaging especially in narration. I think the use of the third person was genius on the author's part. I enjoyed seeing the world through the lenses of different characters. For example, Dr Kinner's television interview with Peter was a clever way of detailing technical explanations of E M P without bring the reader or coming off as mundane.

I'd recommend the book for all crime thriller and suspense story enthusiasts who would love a simple read. This book will spark your curiosity-guaranteed on themes such as terrorism and solar flares- merging two completely distinct themes. One of them rooted in science fiction, the other in our current realities. The language is fairly understandable. The book would be read easily by adults and young adults too.

I found the titles of the chapters to big, off and distracting. The author, I think was in a bid to make the novel fast-paced rushed through some stories. Some characters felt half based and quickly run over I the interests of an acquired pace. That is one thing I'd change about the book.

I found the book edited magnificently and professionally. I found no instances of typos, grammatical errors or incredibly complex sentences. The flow of the dialogue mimicked day to day conversations so perfectly. I found the conversation very believable. I'd rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. All the same, it's a beautiful book that contains no instances of profanity. It is incredibly well researched and very informative.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”