Review by Beatus -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Review by Beatus -- E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Beatus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some of us may never believe what a large-scale man-made catastrophe may mean to humanity and the world. Dorothy May Mercer in her book E M P Honeymoon extrapolated about just that. Moreover, she painted an execution plan that was very convincing to the point that can make any defense force think twice about its capacity to defend its country's borders from such an attack. Tom and Kelly Turbulo while honeymooning in Honduras stumbled into a conspiracy to blow up the whole of North America by a group of Korean terrorists. The book brings the reader to attention as the plot thickens and the two honeymooners race against time to save lives.

The book is fast-paced and flows so smoothly. It is a book fit for a weekend getaway when you do not need a lot of brainpower to wrap around the plot and subplots and learn the reasons and motives of the characters. The author's wording is straightforward, pleasant and witty. Generally, the characters were made to provide a very vivid imagination of the environment around them. In my opinion, even without enough information about their backgrounds, the author managed to make the characters' personalities shine throughout the narrative.

I really liked the relationship differences between the members of the American team and the Korean team. From the way they engage each other as they go about their routines, to the way they perceive each other's motives. The author managed to show very clearly the difference between the use of fear to get the work done and the use of friendship, logic and positive influence to achieve a common goal. The ending was so satisfactory. It wasn't like in other books where the reader is left hungover and with a lot of questions.

I didn't find any offensive or religious inclined statements in this book. In my view, the book is suitable for all that love a good action novel that is easy to follow and humorously engaging. Adults and younger readers can enjoy this book so much. The only thing that did not complete the 100% mark is the mix up of the chapters. The audio version of the book termed the introduction, prelude and epilogue parts of the book as chapters; thus, chapter ten actually is chapter eight.

I found the book very interesting, and no matter how I look at it, I don't have enough reasons to take even a mark out. Thus, I rate E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer 4 out of 4 stars.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

I'm currently reading this book myself and I enjoy it too. thank you for the great review!

Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Reynaa »

I am reading this book right now. I really enjoy it! You make a great point about the differences of operations between Korea and USA. I hadn't even thought of that.
Great review!

InStoree
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 205
Currently Reading: Peacock White survival
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: Guilty Photographs by SI Taylor

Post by InStoree »

Beatus wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 19:16
The author managed to show very clearly the difference between the use of fear to get the work done and the use of friendship, logic and positive influence to achieve a common goal.
I'm currently reading this book. You have done an excellent job on this review! You manage to capture the book's message in such a clear, beautiful portrayal.
Keep It Stupid Simple!

Lunastella
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading: Clean Eating
Bookshelf Size: 1695
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Lunastella »

I'm reviewing this book too and I agree with your assessments. Despite the "end of humanity" topic, the book isn't too dark, but a light and engaging read.
As always a great review, thank you!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Anna180
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anna180 »

I haven't completed reading the book yet, but thanks for the point outs. Being a lover of action, im really enjoying this book

Echo Haapala
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Echo Haapala »

I completely agree about the ending. It was beautifully done and left no unanswered questions!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”