Review by chelhack -- The Poison Profession

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by chelhack -- The Poison Profession

Post by chelhack »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Poison Profession" by Rachel Wright.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This fast-paced thriller will have you on the edge of your seats with politic assassinations to murdering lovers and their friends to keep Crail's identity a secret. It also consists of a bittersweet love story that involves a lot of erotic scenes throughout the second half of the book. Yet, this is one thriller that you do not want to miss your chance to read. It delivers is all you would expect and more.

In this book The Poison Profession (Crail Assassin Book 1) by Racheal Wright though there are many characters in this book the story begins by introducing Jack, Louisa, and, Tom Claymen. These three protagonists are the main people of focus within this book. At first glance, one would think that their riches come from the success of their family business Claymen's Security. Yet if anyone dug deep into this company as well as the other small companies of which these three claims to own one would learn quickly that they are all just fronts. But fronts for what? What could such a pretty girl and her two brothers be hiding or doing to make that sort of income? Though everyone else who has come across this secret has taken it to their graves with them literally.

Though, both Jack and Tom had found and married women that were ok with their lifestyle. Louisa did not fair well with meeting men who were alike her siblings' wives and untimely deaths always kept the Claymen's family secret a secret. Therefore, when she met Rikard and his friends whilst they were in London for an up and coming video game system trial, she knew deep down that things would not end well by pursuing him any further… But what if it was, he that reached out to her in efforts to pursue her? Still knowing that this was something she should not get herself involved in she agreed to go out with him when he was due to return to London. After this meeting, they began a fast pace relationship that involved a lot of drinking and sex. Although Louisa did not like lying to Rikard their relationship ran smoothly because he did not ask too many questions or try to snoop into her life. So, who would have known that meeting his friends would turn out to be the worst thing that Louisa could have ever done for Rikard, her brothers, and their families or herself?

This book is full of total erotic or sexual content. It begins about mid-way through the book and continues until close to the end.

This is a book that I enjoyed reading. It was written well, and it was so full of drama and action that there was no room for any dull moments. It was easy to read and follow. Most of it was something one could relate to. The descriptions of the places and the characters made them real.

The one thing that I did not like or would have changed about the book is Rikard' s fate. I will not go into detail so as not to spoil the story.

Overall, I rate The Poison Profession (Crail Assassin Book 1) a 3 out of 4-stars. It was very enjoyable to read, and it keeps the audience engaged. But I came across three grammar errors and the part about Rikard also keeps it from getting a perfect rating in my opinion. Yet, I would still recommend this book for others to read. With the above said these are the reasons for my ratings of this book.

I feel that this book is intended for people who like thrillers and love stories at the same token. I feel that with all the sexually explicit scenes that this book consists of that it should only be read by people 18 years of age and older.

The Poison Profession
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”